Multilingual Learning Tutor
2016-2017 MLL: Rene Wegner
My name is René Wegner, and I am from Dresden, Germany. I have been living in the United States since 2005. My journey to America started as a high school exchange student in Clarkfield, which is in rural Minnesota, before I attended Southwest Minnesota State University (SMSU) for my undergraduate education. After finishing my Bachelor’s Degree in English Education and Communication Studies, I decided to pursue my graduate degree in Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL) at Minnesota State University (MSU), Mankato. My areas of expertise are in teaching English to multilingual speakers.
I am looking forward to supporting you with writing, speaking, listening, and reading skills; from brainstorming an idea to final project consultation, most things are possible.
- Academic writing development
- Public speaking practice (oral speaking skills development)
- Reading skills development and improved comprehension
- Listening skills development and practice listening techniques
- Vocabulary development
- Study skills and time management
- Clarification & understanding of class readings and assignment prompts
- Requesting extra time on exams
- Answers for general questions about the English language
- Effective communication in academia in the United States
My tutoring hours at the ASC are as follows:
Wednesday 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
You may schedule appointments at the ASC or via phone by calling 507-933-7027.