The Peer Assistants (PAs) are students who promote healthy, balanced lifestyles for the Gustavus Adolphus College community. Our purpose is to create a campus environment in which you feel empowered to make choices that contribute to your personal and community wellbeing.
To learn more about the PAs, please connect with us on Facebook or visit us in the Peer Education Office.
The PAs provide educational programs, awareness campaigns, social activities, and referral to on- and off-campus resources for their peers on a range of topics: chemical health, sexual health, stress management, and healthy relationships, to name a few.
The PAs provide the following educational workshops for classes, dormitories, athletic teams, music ensembles, fraternities and sororities, and other campus groups. Request a presentation today!
- The Power of Positive Action (Bystander Training)
- Be A Buddy (Alcohol awareness and bystander)
- Girls Night Out (for females - contraceptive and STI info)
- Sex in the Dark (contraceptives and STI info - for both males and females)
- Never Too Busy to Relax (fun stress relieving workshop)
- Mirror Mirror on the Wall (positive body image)
- Guy Stuff (for males - male contraceptives and STI info)
- Let's Talk about Identity (using the values cards and talking about our unique identities)
With enough lead time, presentations can be tailored to your group!