Driving Rules


 NOTE: As of July 1, 2018, Gustavus campus and property, including vehicles, are smoke free.

Driver Certification

** All drivers of College owned cars, mini/large vans and utility/golf carts must be appropriately Gustavus certified according to College policy. The large van and utility/golf cart drivers must have their certified training card and ID with them when driving a college vehicle/cart. Certification is obtained through the Telecommunications/Motor Pool Office (x6265) or by registering on this link:


The request is entered into the Safe Colleges training system and an email will be sent with the link and password to access the sight and training modules. All utility/golf cart and large van (8-10 person) will also require an actual driving session to complete the certification.

Accident/Incident Information

The Accident and Incident Form is located in each vehicle for your use in case of an accident or incident of any sort. Please fill it out and send a copy to Campus Safety within 24 hours.

*** NOTE: In the event of an accident or incident, you should first contact the college to report the incident and receive further instructions.

Campus Safety may be reached 24 hours a day at: (507) 933-8888.

Missing Fuel Receipt

A receipt should be obtained each time the fuel credit card is used. However, if a receipt is forgotten, a Missing Fuel Receipt slip must be filled out and turned in to the motor pool office to account for charges made as soon as possible upon return from trip. 

These slips are also available at the Motor pool/Switchboard office.