The mission of the Elders Program is to Build mutually beneficial relationships between committed and enthusiastic Gusties and residents of elderly care facilities. Elder's fosters companionship and happiness by working with residents to enrich their quality of life through weekly activities and one on one relationships.
CONSTITUTION OF THE ELDERS PROGRAM
The name of this organization shall be Elders.
The purpose of Elders is to build mutually beneficial relationships between committed and enthusiastic Gusties and residents of elderly care facilities. Elder’s fosters companionship and happiness by working with residents to enrich their quality of life through weekly activities and one on one relationships.
Section 1: Membership in this organization is open to all students who complete the application process’ (dependent upon type of location of volunteering) that enjoy interacting with those is residential care facilities.
Section 2: The following categories of membership exist in Elders:
Activity night: Weekly group orientated volunteering
Adopt-a-Grandparent: Weekly one on one independent volunteering
Section 3: Members are accepted primarily at the beginning of fall semester (and occasionally at the beginning of spring semester). Acceptance is contingent upon the completion of site-specific application materials.
Section 1: The following officer positions shall exist in Elders: President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, and Risk Management. All officers must be coordinators of the Elders program. Each officer must work in accordance with the Center for Servant Leadership’s expectations.
Section 2: The duties of each office are described as follows:
1. To organize and preside over meetings
2. To function as a spokesperson
3. To facilitate communication between the Center for Servant Leadership, other officers/coordinators, and community partners
4. To work with the advisor and Center for Servant Leadership to create yearly goals for the organization
5. To facilitate weekly meetings
B. Vice President
1. To preside over meetings in the absence of the President
2. To exercise all the functions of the office of the President in the absence of the president
3. To assist the President in the organization of weekly meetings and various tasks
4. To assist in the development of yearly organizational goals
5. To attend weekly meetings
1. To keep a written record of what happened at weekly meetings
2. Be responsible for all correspondence with volunteers
3. To keep club members informed of upcoming meetings and events
4. To assist in the development of yearly organization goals
5. To attend weekly meetings
1. To maintain the finances of Elders and keep accurate records of all financial matters
2. To assist in the development of yearly organization goals
3. To attend weekly meetings
E. Risk Management
1. To consider all potential elements of risk in relation to volunteers, residents, and community partners
Section 3: Candidates for office must apply upon the opening of positions.
Section 4: The term of office begins at the beginning of June, with the month of May serving as a transition month between old and new officers. The term of office shall last for one calendar year, or the remainder of the officers involvement in the program or attendance at Gustavus.
Section 1: Meetings will be held weekly in accordance to scheduling availability of each officer.
Section 2: The President or Advisor has the capability of calling special meetings for any matters they feel cannot wait until the next regularly scheduled meeting.
Section 1: Funds of the organization shall be allocated primarily through the Center for Servant Leadership. Additional funds may be sought through Student Senate
Date of Ratification: September 20, 2012, by Brittan Duffing
Elders is affiliated with the Gustavus Center for Servant Leadership.