To kindle friendship between game enthusiasts across campus through the Super Smash Bros. Series.
CONSTITUTION OF ASSEMBLY OF STUDENT SMASHERS
The name of this organization shall be The Assembly of Student Smashers.
The purpose of the Assembly of Student Smashers to kindle friendship among fellow gamers through the means of Super Smash Bros.
Section 1: Membership in this organization is open to all students who enjoy playing Super Smash bros with friends.
Section 2: Members are accepted continually throughout the year as long as they attend club meetings.
Section 1: The following officer positions shall exist in the Assembly of Student Smashers: President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Historian, and Risk Manager. All officers must be full-time students in good standing enrolled at Gustavus Adolphus College. The only position that has additional requirements that must be met is the President. They must have been a member of the organization for at least one year before becoming President. If no qualified parties are interested, this requirement may be waived with the majority agreement of the membership present.
Section 2: The duties of each office are described as follows:
1. To organize and preside over meetings
2. To function as a spokesperson for the club
3. To facilitate communication between executive board members
4. To work with the advisor and other executive board members to create yearly goals for the organization
B. Vice President
1. To preside over meetings in the absence of the President
2. To exercise all the functions of the office of the President in the absence of the president
3. To assist the President in the organization of club events
4. To assist in the development of yearly organizational goals
1. To keep a written record of what happened at all Assembly of Student Smashers meetings and Executive Board meetings
2. To keep club members informed of upcoming meetings and events
3. To assist in the development of yearly organization goals
1. To maintain the finances of the Gus Fan Club and keep accurate records of all financial matters
2. To coordinate fund raising efforts
3. To assist in the development of yearly organizational goals
E. Risk Manager
1. To consider the risks in any given situations that may arise through weekly activities
1. To keep a photographic and written record of the history of the club
2. To assist in the development of yearly organizational goal
Section 3: Candidates for office must notify the current Executive board showing their interest. The Executive board will then vote on who would be best for which office, and candidates will be appointed through the results.
Section 4: The term of office begins at the beginning of June, with the month of May serving as a transition month between old and new officers. The term of office shall last for one calendar year. Any vacancies during the year shall be announced to the membership at the meeting following the vacancy. Nominations shall be taken and voting shall occur at the meeting. If no one is nominated, the President can appoint a member to that position.
Section 5: Should an individual on the Executive board ignore their responsibilities, the President may replace that person, with the approval of 2 other members of the executive board. Should it be the President who is ignoring his responsibilities, the Vice president may supersede him, with the approval of 3 other members.
Section 1: Meetings will be held weekly, with the Executive board meeting during the gathering when necessary or at another time scheduled by the board.
Section 2: Decisions are made by voting- brought to the floor by a motion and a second. A majority shall allow the vote to pass.
Section 3: The President or Advisor has the capability of calling special meetings for any matters they feel cannot wait until the next regularly scheduled meeting. Members must be given at least 3 days notice of any special meetings.
Section 1: The Executive Board shall be comprised of the President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Risk Manager, and Historian.
Section 2: The executive board shall meet when necessary before meetings.
Section 1: Funds of the organization shall be raised primarily through fundraising, donations, and funds allocated by the Senate.
Section 2: Upon dissolution of the Assembly of Student Smashers, any financial assets will be credited to the Gustavus Student Senate.
Section 1: All members of the Assembly of Student Smashers that are in good standing may propose Amendments. The proposed amendments will be reviewed by the Executive Board members and submitted to members in writing at least 2 weeks before voting is to take place.
Section 2: All members in good standing are eligible to vote, but must be present at the meeting to do so. A two-thirds (2/3) majority is needed to allow the amendment to pass.
Section 3: If amendments are passed they take effect at the end of the meeting during which they are passed.
Date of Ratification: September 20th, 2012
(Remember to put the date of subsequent changes made by amendment to the constitution and the initials or name of the person responsible for updates at the end of the document.)