- Student Organization Name
- The Gathering
- Special Interest
- Statement Of Purpose/ Mission
- Our Mission is to bring together the Magic the Gathering community on campus for the introduction of the game to any who want to learn, to provide social opportunities, and to offer a forum for competitive play.
- CONSTITUTION OF The Gathering ARTICLE I: NAME The name of this organization shall be The Gathering. ARTICLE II: PURPOSE The purpose of The Gathering is to bring together the Magic the Gathering community on campus for the introduction of the game to any who want to learn, to provide social opportunities, and to offer a forum for competitive play. ARTICLE III: MEMBERSHIP Section 1: Membership in this organization is open to all students who enjoy playing Magic The Gathering. Section 2: Members are accepted continually throughout the year as long as they attend club meetings. ARTICLE IV: OFFICERS Section 1: The following officer positions shall exist in THE GATHERING: Co-President/Secretary, and Co-President/Treasurer/Risk Manager. All officers must be full-time students in good standing enrolled at Gustavus Adolphus College. They must have been a member of the organization for at least one year before becoming Co-President. If no qualified parties are interested, this requirement may be waived with the majority agreement of the membership present. The maximum term as co-president is two years. Section 2: The duties of each office are described as follows: A. Co-President 1. To organize and preside over meetings 2. To function as a spokesperson for the club 3. To facilitate communication between executive board members 4. To work with the advisor to create yearly goals for the organization 5. To organize club events B. Secretary 1. To keep a written record of what happened at executive meetings 2. To keep club members informed of upcoming meetings and events C. Treasurer 1. To maintain the finances of club and keep accurate records of all financial matters 2. To coordinate fund raising efforts D. Risk Manager 1. To consider the risks in any given situations that may arise through weekly activities Section 3: Candidates for office must notify the current co-presidents showing their interest. Officers for the following year will be elected by vote of the membership at an executive meeting at the beginning of May. Section 4: The term of office begins at the end of the academic year, with the month of May serving as a transition month between old and new officers. The term of office shall last for one calendar year. Any vacancies during the year shall be announced to the membership at the meeting following the vacancy. Nominations shall be taken and voting shall occur at the meeting. If no one is nominated, the President can appoint a member to that position. Section 5: Should a co-president ignore their responsibilities, the other co-president may declare the seat vacant with the approval of advisor, and he/she may be replaced with a vote of the membership. ARTICLE V: MEETINGS Section 1: Meetings will be held weekly, with the co-presidents meeting as necessary. Section 2: Decisions are made by voting, a majority shall allow the vote to pass. Section 3: The President or Advisor has the capability of calling special meetings for any matters they feel cannot wait until the next regularly scheduled meeting. Members must be given at least 3 days notice of any special meetings. ARTICLE VI: EXECUTIVE BOARD Section 1: The Executive Board shall be comprised of the Co-President/Secretary, and Co-President/Treasurer/Risk Manager. Section 2: The executive board shall meet when necessary before meetings. ARTICLE VII: FINANCES Section 1: Funds of the organization shall be raised primarily through fundraising, donations, and funds allocated by the Senate. Section 2: Upon dissolution of the club, any financial assets will be credited to the Gustavus Student Senate. ARTICLE VIII: AMENDMENTS Section 1: All members of club that are in good standing may propose Amendments. The proposed amendments will be reviewed by the Executive Board members and submitted to members in writing at least 2 weeks before voting is to take place. Section 2: All members in good standing are eligible to vote, but must be present at the meeting to do so. A two-thirds (2/3) majority is needed to allow the amendment to pass. Section 3: If amendments are passed they take effect at the end of the meeting during which they are passed.
- Application Type
- register with leadership in order to become a member
Role Organization Title Full Name Advisor Jessie Petricka firstname.lastname@example.org President Hayden Johnson email@example.com Risk Manager Josh Root Secretary Joshua Wolanyk Vice President Benjamin Burney Treasurer August Jasnoch firstname.lastname@example.org Member Ian Decker email@example.com Member Amber Barth firstname.lastname@example.org Member Brenton Jayasuriya email@example.com Member Teagan Iwanski firstname.lastname@example.org Member Holden Sauve email@example.com Member Bennett Thrash Member August Moehrke firstname.lastname@example.org Member James Skoog email@example.com Member Skuyler Ward firstname.lastname@example.org Member Ryan Inwards Member Anton Lieb Member Nicole Frame Member Austin Conrad email@example.com Member Monica Johnson firstname.lastname@example.org Member Sally Johnson email@example.com Member Aaron Bogen firstname.lastname@example.org