Gustavus Adolphus Ducks Unlimited
- Student Organization Name
- Gustavus Adolphus Ducks Unlimited
- Statement Of Purpose/ Mission
- Our chapter is a chartered branch of Ducks Unlimited Inc and serves to conserve, restore and manage wetlands and associated habitats for North America's waterfowl. We aim to facilitate the national and global environmental conservation efforts of Ducks Unlimited to the best of our ability. Our branch intends to unify the vision of Ducks Unlimited with that of the Gustavus Adolphus community.
- Article I: Name The name of this organization is Gustavus Adolphus Ducks Unlimited. Article II: Mission Statement Our chapter is a chartered branch of Ducks Unlimited Inc and serves to conserve, restore and manage wetlands and associated habitats for North America's waterfowl. We aim to facilitate the national and global environmental conservation efforts of Ducks Unlimited to the best of our ability. Our branch intends to unify the vision of Ducks Unlimited with that of the Gustavus Adolphus community. Article III: Membership Section 1: Membership is open to all Gustavus students, faculty, alumni and supporters. Section 2: The following categories of membership exist in the Gustavus Adolphus Ducks Unlimited Chapter: Active members: Students currently attending Gustavus Adolphus College who are in good standing with the chapter. Faculty: Current faculty members actively involved with the chapter (including advisor) Alumni: Former members as well as Gustavus Alumni who are involved or present donations to the chapter. Supporters: Recognized persons who contribute time, effort and/or money to the chapter. Section 3: Members are accepted continually throughout the year so long as they are in good standing with the college. Section 4: A member may remain a member in good standing so long as they attend a meeting every two months and have paid the required membership fee. Section 5: All members attending events involving the use of firearms must have taken and passed a valid firearm safety course. Prior to such events, members are required to sign a waiver acknowledging that they have earned a firearm safety certificate. Article IV: Executive Board Section 1: The following chair positions shall exist in the Gustavus Adolphus Ducks Unlimited Chapter. Board President, Board Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Historian/Documenter, and Marketing/Recruitment Director. All officers must be in good standing with Gustavus Adolphus College. The only position that has additional requirements that must be met is the Board President. They must have been a member of the organization for at least one year. If no qualified parties are interested, this requirement may be waived with the majority agreement of the membership present. Section 2: The duties of each officer are described as follows: A. Board President a. To organize and preside over meetings. b. To function as a spokesperson for the chapter. c. To facilitate communication between executive board members. d. To work with the advisor, regional DU director, and other executive board members to create yearly goals for the organization. e. To facilitate monthly executive board meetings. B. Board Vice President a. To preside over meetings in the absence of the President. b. To exercise all of the functions of the President in the absence of the President. c. To assist the President in the organization of chapter events. d. To serve as chair of the Gustavus Adolphus Ducks Unlimited Chapter. e. To assist in the development of yearly organizational goals. f. To attend monthly executive board meetings. C. Secretary a. To keep a written record of what happened at all GADU meetings and executive board meetings. b. Be responsible for all correspondence between the executive board and members. c. To keep chapter members informed of upcoming events and meetings. d. To assist in the development of yearly organizational goals. e. To attend monthly executive board meetings. D. Treasurer a. To maintain the finances of the GADU and keep accurate records of all financial matters. b. To coordinate fundraising efforts. c. To assist in the development of yearly organizational goals. d. To attend monthly executive board meetings. E. Historian and Documenter a. To keep a photographic and written record of the clubs happenings throughout the year. b. To update and maintain GADU webpage and social media accounts. c. To assist in the development of yearly organizational goals. d. To attend monthly executive board meetings. F. Marketing and Recruitment Director a. To be responsible for recruitment of new members including marketing campaigns and other advertising opportunities. b. To promote and publicize all GADU events. c. To assist in the development of yearly organizational goals. d. To attend monthly executive board meetings. Article V: Executive Board Section 1: The executive board shall be comprised of the Board President, Board Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Historian/Documenter, and Marketing/Recruitment Director. Section 2: The executive board shall meet once a month to discuss the planning of chapter events. At the boards first meeting of each semester they shall set the dates for all GADU meetings as well as develop organizational goals. Section 3: Voting in new executive positions will take place in the last month of the spring school semester. All active members are eligible to run for board positions. Upon receiving the intended candidates for the executive board, all active members may vote to determine the next year’s leadership committee. Prior to the voting session, each candidate will have an opportunity to give a presentation to the chapter. The voting process will be determined by majority vote. Article VI: Committees Section 1: The executive board may create special committees on an as needed basis. Article VII: Finances Section 1: Funds of the organization shall be raised primarily through fundraising, membership fees, and donations. Section 2: Upon dissolution of GADU any financial assets will be credited to Ducks Unlimited Inc. Article VIII: By-Laws Section 1: By-laws may be established by chapter members and reviewed each September. Any member in good standing can propose the by-laws. They will be prepared for voting by the executive board members and submitted to members in writing prior to the meeting where voting is to take place. Section2: All members in good standing are eligible to vote but must be present at the meeting to do so. A majority vote is needed to allow the by-law to pass. Article IX: Amendments Section 1: All members of the GADU chapter that are in good standing may propose amendments to the constitution. The proposed amendments will be reviewed by the executive board members and submitted to members in writing at least two weeks before voting is to take place. Section 2: All members in good standing are eligible to vote but must be present at the meeting to do so. A two-thirds (2/3) majority vote is needed to allow the amendment to pass. Section 3: If amendments are passed they take effect at the end of the meeting during which they are passed. Date of Ratification: __________________________ Ratified by (name)____________________________
- The international waterfowl conservation group Ducks Unlimited Inc.
- Application Type
- register with leadership in order to become a member
Role Organization Title Full Name Advisor Organization Advisor Kyle Momsen email@example.com President Board President Jared Bertsch firstname.lastname@example.org Vice President Board Vice President Matt Lilledahl email@example.com Secretary Secretary Elliot Larson firstname.lastname@example.org Risk Manager Co-Marketing and Membership Director Taylor Abild email@example.com Member Member Scott Benjamin firstname.lastname@example.org Member Member Mike Strelow email@example.com Member Member Mitchell Moore firstname.lastname@example.org Other Historian Dan Bradt email@example.com Member Member Joey Olson firstname.lastname@example.org Member Member Dalton Rosin email@example.com Member Member Steven Zehms firstname.lastname@example.org Member Member Beth Olson email@example.com Member Member Maggie Dionne firstname.lastname@example.org Member Member Trevor Leagjeld email@example.com Member Member Cole Engen firstname.lastname@example.org Member Member Andrew Meyer email@example.com Member Member Travis Mattson firstname.lastname@example.org Member Member Kyle Olson-Merrick email@example.com Member Member Brian Jacobs firstname.lastname@example.org Member Member Jon Watts email@example.com Member Member Adam Peters firstname.lastname@example.org Member Member Dane Petersen email@example.com Member Member Stefano Rosati firstname.lastname@example.org