The Gustavian Weekly
- Student Organization Name
- The Gustavian Weekly
- Statement Of Purpose/ Mission
- THE GUSTAVIAN WEEKLY is a student-run, written and produced campus newspaper that attempts to bring the community comprehensive coverage of the news and events affecting our campus. The WEEKLY is not only an extra-curricular activity, but also a service to the college community in general and the student body in particular.
- Student Organization Governing Documentation The Gustavian Weekly Purpose/Mission: The Gustavian Weekly falls under the Gustie Guide under the definition of “Student Media” – “any Organization whose primary purpose is to publish or broadcast any publication or program on campus” and is bound to the parameters set forth under the section “Student Media” in the Statement of Student Rights. Editor-in-Chief As outlined in the Gustie Guide Statement of Student Rights section D, “The Faculty Committee on Student Life or its designee(s) appoints the chief editor(s) or manager(s) of each institutionally financed Student Media Organization and shall also be the agency responsible for their removal. Editors and managers may be subject to removal only for proper and stated causes.” Adviser As outlined in the Gustie Guide Statement of Student Rights section F, “Each College Student Media Organization (print or broadcast) should have a qualified adviser. Advisers guide and advise students, but do not assume content decisions or financial deficits or losses incurred by student media.” The adviser has no editorial control and no prior approval over content. Editorial Staff The Gustavian Weekly editorial staff comprises of section editors, News, A&E, Features, Opinion, Calendar, Sports & Fitness, Graphic Designer and Photography Editors in addition to Assistant Section Editors as deemed necessary by the year. The Editor-in-Chief hires the editorial staff following an open application process; open positions are publicized in The Gustavian Weekly, online, and on posters throughout campus. Staff Members As outlined in the Gustie Guide Statement of Student Rights section C subsection 7, “The standards to be employed in the evaluation of a student medium and its staff shall be developed by the individual media organization with the advice of the organization’s adviser. Recognized Student Media Organizations are independent, self-perpetuating, democratically selected bodies with membership open to any qualified member of the student body without improper discrimination, prejudice, or unreasonable restriction.”
- We are affiliated with Gustavus Adolphus College and are also a member of the Associated Collegiate Press (ACP).
- Application Type
Role Organization Title Full Name Advisor Adviser Glenn Kranking email@example.com Vice President Managing Editor Matthew Glaser firstname.lastname@example.org Risk Manager Variety Editor Rachael Manser email@example.com President Editor-in-Chief Carrie Probst firstname.lastname@example.org Member Senior Photography Editor Lindsey Taylor email@example.com Member Features Editor Mikayla Kvittem-Barr firstname.lastname@example.org Member News Editor Deven Kelley email@example.com Treasurer Advertisement and Business Manager Konnor Tranoris firstname.lastname@example.org Member Copy Editor Brady Lass email@example.com Secretary Copy Editor Emily Knutson firstname.lastname@example.org Member Sports & Fitness Editor Tanner Sparrow email@example.com