Big Partner Little Partner
- Student Organization Name
- Big Partner Little Partner
- Statement Of Purpose/ Mission
- To build stronger ties between the St. Peter Community and Gustavus Adolphus College by having the leaders of today mentor the leaders of tomorrow through a one-on-one relationship.
- Big Partner Little Partner Constitution ARTICLE I: NAME The name of this organization shall be Big Partner Little Partner. ARTICLE II: PURPOSE The purpose of Big Partner Little Partner is to build stronger ties between the St. Peter Community and Gustavus Adolphus College by having the leaders of today mentor the leaders of tomorrow through a one-on-one relationship. ARTICLE III: MEMBERSHIP Section 1: Membership in this organization is open to all students who are passionate about spending time with children and aiding them in reaching their highest potential. Section 2: The following categories of membership exist in the Gus Fan Club: Coordinators: Individuals responsible for organizing the program. Big Partners: Students serving as a mentor for the child from the St. Peter Community. Little Partners: Children enrolled in a St. Peter school looking to to be mentored and spend time with a Gustavus student. Section 3: Members must commit in the fall and are expected to carry out their responsibilities until the end of the school year. New Big Partners will not be accepted during the Spring Semester unless under special circumstances. ARTICLE IV: OFFICERS Section 1: The following officer positions shall exist in Big Partner Little Partner: Lead Coordinator, Parent Communications Coordinator, Student Communications Coordinator, Events Coordinators (3), Latino Communications Communicator, and Public Relations Coordinator. All officers must be full-time students in good standing enrolled at Gustavus Adolphus College. The only position that has additional requirements that must be met is the President. All coordinators must participate in the BPLP program for at least an entire school year before becoming eligible for the position. Students who wish to study abroad may still be granted a coordinator position. Section 2: Title: Program Coordinator General Function: A program coordinator within the CSL is responsible for the overall management and leadership of an on-going service program. Qualifications: A CSL coordinator demonstrates a desire to serve and learn as well as a capacity to engage and lead. • Have had previous leadership, management, and service experience. • Served at least one-year in a volunteer program with the CSL. • Is committed to the program as well as possessing knowledge, enthusiasm, and passion for the program. • Superior organization and communication skills should be evident, as the position requires partnership and negotiation with a variety of people and institutions. • Open minded and able to adapt as programs and circumstances are always changing. • Demonstrates a balance between patience and perseverance. • Leads and manages through positive example and role modeling. Responsibility: • Attend and engage in weekly meetings with co-coordinators and advisors of the on-going service programs. • Engage in and attend mandatory coordinator training in the spring and fall. • Facilitate volunteer training and orientation. • Plan and execute necessary events and programming. • Maintain records and budgets within the program. • Engage with community partners to maintain and foster positive, mutual relationships. • Participate in the ongoing development and implementation of the strategic plan for the program. • Work towards achieving the benchmarks of service outlined by the CSL. • Provide opportunities for volunteers and participants to achieve learning outcomes identified by the CSL. • In conjunction with the community partner, assess and evaluate the accomplishments and opportunities for change of coordinators, volunteers, and the program as a whole. • Supervise volunteers and participants in way that ensures a safe, healthy, positive, and consistent environment. • Maintain social responsibility by managing and leading as a positive representation of the St. Peter community, Gustavus Adolphus College, and the Center for Servant -Leadership. • Work in partnership with coordinators, community partners, volunteers, and participants to maintain the program but also aid in its progression and evolution. • Communicate appropriately, consistently, and effectively with community partners, volunteers, and participants Title: Big Partner Responsibility: • Meeting with Little Partner at least 3-4 times a month • Meeting with Little Partner for a duration of at least 1 hour each time • Attendance at mid-year check-ins, interviews, and trainings with program coordinators • Completion of all evaluations—monthly and year-end • Timely communication of problems/concerns to coordinators • Maintaining contact with a Team Leader • Acting as a stable and constant source of support for Little Partner • Reporting any and all suspicions of abuse or neglect • In addition, I am aware that in signing this contract and becoming a member of the Big Partner Little Partner program, I am engaging in a year-long commitment. Should I break this agreement (either by breach of contract through failure to complete the aforementioned duties or by self-removal from the program), I understand that I will be responsible for communicating the reasons for my removal from the program to my Little Partner’s family. This communication will include (though not exclusively): • Composing a letter to the Little Partner • Verbally communicating with the guardians Section 3: Candidates for office must apply around the end of February or beginning of March. They then must submit a written application to show their commitment to the organization and discuss what they hope to accomplish if they receive an office. Each applicant will sign be interviewed by the current coordinators. Assessments will be made of each applicant and the current coordinators will determine the best candidates for each position. If agreement cannot be reached, the Lead Coordinator will make the final decision. Section 4: The term of office begins in April, so that the new coordinators are able to learn the duties of their position by their predecessor. The term of office shall last until the end of the next school year. ARTICLE V: MEETINGS Section 1: Meetings for coordinators will be held a minimum of once a week during the academic year. Each coordinator is expected to be present at each meeting Section 2: Meetings for Big Partner and Little Partners (one of each, respectively) shall be weekly. The time and place for the meeting will be predetermined and can fluctuate, as long as this change is approved by the parents of the Little Partner. Each meeting time should last at least one hour. ARTICLE VI: EXECUTIVE BOARD Section 1: The Executive Board shall be comprised of the Lead Coordinator, Parent Communications Coordinator, Student Communications Coordinator, Events Coordinators (3), Latino Communications Communicator, and Public Relations Coordinator. Section 2: The executive board shall meet once a week to discuss the planning of club events. At the board’s first meeting of the year, all event and other special dates will be chosen. ARTICLE VII: COMMITTEES The Big Partner Little Partner Program does not utilize any committees. ARTICLE VIII: FINANCES Funds of the organization come predominately from a grant issued annually through the United Way. Additional funds will be determined by the Student Senate. ARTICLE IX: BY-LAWS All constitutional by-laws will be determined by the coordinators. ARTICLE X: AMENDMENTS All constitutional amendments will be made by the coordinators. Date of Ratification: February 2013
- Application Type
Role Organization Title Full Name Advisor BPLP Advisor Dave Newell email@example.com President Lead Coordinator Olivia DeSutter firstname.lastname@example.org Vice President Student Coordinator Kelsey Harms email@example.com Secretary Logistics Coordinator Annika Walter firstname.lastname@example.org Treasurer Public Relations Coordinator Allison Birnschein email@example.com Risk Manager Lead Events Coordinator Konnor Tranoris firstname.lastname@example.org Member Events Coordinator Samantha Swanson email@example.com Member Events Coordinator Danielle Kirchner firstname.lastname@example.org