Christ Chapel Endowment
Support the Christ Chapel Endowment
Christ Chapel serves as both the geographical and the spiritual center of the Gustavus campus. The various Chapel-based programs, so essential to the life of our College, and the beautiful facility itself are most worthy of support. As a part of the Building a Greater Gustavus campaign, a goal of $5 million dollars has been set for the Chapel Endowment.
Why an Endowment for Christ Chapel?
- The strongest chapel programs on American campuses are those that have the steadfast support of their affiliated college constituencies. Endowments are the chief means by which such chapels are secured and strengthened.
- A college endows what is essential. Endowing the chapel is a statement of Gustavus’ values and priorities.
- Endowing Christ Chapel provides financial stability for the continued development of ministries and care of the facility.
What could an endowment support?
- Ministerial staff: chaplains, vicars, musicians, sextons and other chapel personnel
- Worship services
- Programs like Christmas in Christ Chapel and the festival of St. Lucia
- Christian student groups and organizations such as Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Gustavus Youth Outreach, Community Service Programs and many more!
For more information about the ministries of Christ Chapel please consult the Office of the Chaplains.
How can you help?
- Pray that our goal might be reached.
- Receive a “love offering” for the endowment at worship. Special offering envelopes my be requested from the Church Relations Office (507-933-7001).
- Include the Christ Chapel Endowment in your budget line.
- Direct undesignated benevolence monies to the Chapel Endowment.