Professional nursing is predicted to be one of the most needed and flexible careers in the decades ahead. When you choose nursing at Gustavus ...
- You will be preparing for nursing now as well as in the future
- You will achieve flexibility and marketability in a variety of areas
- You will be earning a liberal arts education along with your nursing major
- You will be part of the Minnesota Intercollegiate Nursing Consortium
- You will have clinical experience in both urban and rural settings
- You will have the opportunity to study abroad through courses offered by Gustavus, the Gustavus nursing department and the St. Olaf nursing department
As one alum stated,
"I was ecstatic to see ... Gustie nursing students at the MN capital fighting for adequate staffing. I am proud of this legacy as they drive our profession into the future. I continued to be inspired by my alma mater..."
Nursing at Gustavus is something we take very seriously.
After four years of study in the Gustavus nursing program, you are prepared to take the Minnesota Board of Nursing licensure examination, which certifies you as a registered nurse. With this certification and the bachelor of arts degree in nursing, you are fully qualified for professional practice or entrance into graduate school. Students are eligible to complete the licensure examination for registered nurses offered by the National Council of State Boards of Nursing, and, upon successful completion, can apply for certification as a public health nurse in Minnesota.
|Members of the Senior Nursing class recently toured the Michael Foods egg plant in Gaylord, MN as part of their community health rotation. The factory is mandated by the FDA to require all visitors to where protective clothing. Don't we look like we are ready to go to work?|