GTS hands-on, technology training sessions
Wednesday, January 27, 2010 (Around 4 years ago)
Gustavus Technology Services is pleased to announce the availability of free, hands-on, technology training sessions for faculty and staff. These training sessions will be in small groups held in the Olin Technology Classroom (Room 124B) beginning at 9:00 am and lasting about an hour. They are aimed at all different skill levels so all are welcome. Our goal is to make you feel more comfortable using technology, software and other online resources.
Topics and times for this upcoming semester include:
- Technology Classroom Techniques - February 2, 2010
- Hands-On Moodle - February 16, 2010
- Podcasting at Gustavus - February 23, 2010
- Google Calendar - March 2, 2010
- Windows Getting Started - March 9, 2010
- Macintosh Getting Started - March 16, 2010
- Introduction to Social Networking - March 23, 2010
- Gustavus Online Resources - April 6, 2010
- Basic Word 2008 for Macintosh - April 13, 2010
- Basic Word 2007 for PC - April 20, 2010
- Proper Data Backup Techniques - April 27, 2010
- Internet Safety - May 4, 2010
- Getting Started with Adobe Photoshop - May 11, 2010
For more information see our blog post.
To sign up or view a full list of class offerings and descriptions, please visit gustavus.edu/gts. Then click the “Schedule an Appointment” link. Click the topic titles on the classes you are interested in or click “Book Now” to sign up for the class. You may also call the Technology Helpline (x6111) and we will be happy to schedule a session for you! Remember these are in small groups so attendance is limited.
We hope that you will take advantage of this opportunity to better understand and utilize the resources available to you. If you have any questions regarding the classes feel free to call Technology Services at 6111 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing you there!