Faculty Travel Procedures

Wednesday, July 26, 2006 (Around 9 years ago)

Procedures for the Faculty Professional Travel Expenses

  1. Complete an Application for Faculty Travel Funds. The form is available on Faculty Development website or outside the Faculty Development Office, SSC 119.

  2. Send your application to the Faculty Development office. A copy will be returned to you indicating the amount of funding available to you. You must to retain a copy of this application.

  3. If Airfare will be needed, purchase the ticket using your Wells Fargo credit card. There is no longer a Faculty Travel account number to give to local travel agents.

If you need to raise your available credit on your Wells Fargo card, call Sandy Grochow or Anna Lokensgard (x7508) in the Finance Office for assistance. When your travel is completed you can have the limit lowered again.

  1. When you return from your trip, complete a Travel Expense Report Form. This form is available on the Faculty Development website or outside the faculty development office.

  2. If you used your Wells Fargo Card for all or part of travel expenses, indicate those charges in the “Wells Fargo Charge” column and/or “Expenses Paid by Traveler” columns. At the end of the month you will receive an online statement from Wells Fargo. Go to the Wells Fargo website and reconcile your account. To do this, you must check each expense, type in your department’s travel account number (your department secretary or department chair will give you this number), and make sure you have a receipt that corresponds to each item.

If you have charged more expenses on your Wells Fargo card than you have been approved for, you will need to write a personal check for those expenses (make the check payable to Gustavus).

Your department secretary will create an Interdepartmental Funds Transfer so that your expenses are ultimately paid from the Faculty Travel budget. Send the Travel Expense Report Form and the Interdepartmental Funds Transfer to the Faculty Development Office. Send all of your original receipts, your Application for Faculty Travel Funds, and, if applicable, a personal check to the Finance Office.

For those expense that could not be paid using your Wells Fargo card (e.g., taxi fare, tolls, mileage, parking, etc.), enter your expenses in the column labeled “Expenses Paid by Traveler,” submit the form and all original receipts directly to the Faculty Development Office. The Faculty Development Office will review your expenses and submit a Request for Payment form to the Finance Office and you will be reimbursed for these expenses (as long as they are within the budget allotted to you).

Please remember that the College cannot reimburse you for undocumented expenses.

  1. If you have questions about using your Wells Fargo card for Travel Courses contact the Finance Office. If you are responsible for making travel arrangements for job candidates, program reviewers, or reviewers in a third year review process contact Jean Heidcamp (x7541) in the Dean of Faculty Office.

Top Stories

 2009 Hall of Fame Class Selected

The Gustavus Adolphus College Athletics Department has chosen nine individuals for induction into its Athletics Hall of Fame. The 2009 inductees include Kerri Pool Foss ‘94, Dan Dohmeier ‘86, Bob Klindworth ‘93, Leisha Johnson Ronning ‘90, C.J. Page ‘91, Scott Anderson ‘92, Jon Lindquist ‘92, Amy McCrea Morrell ‘91, and Steve Wilkinson.

Gustavus Named a Best College and 8th for Best Campus Food

Gustavus Adolphus College is once again a Best College in The Princeton Review’s college ranking guidebook, The Best 371 Colleges. Also, Gustavus again made the Best Campus Food list. These annual rankings are based solely on input from college students.

Fringe Festival Features Gustavus Theatre and Dance

Since its founding, the Minnesota Fringe Festival has featured the work of hundreds of Gustavus Theatre & Dance students, alumni and faculty. This year is no exception, with a number of performances by alumni and current students across the 11-day festival.