Coed Ultimate Frisbee Rules
Intramural Ultimate Frisbee Rules
- Seven players will be on the field at a time. Open intramural Ultimate Frisbee rules are in play based on gender (1 or 7 girls can be on the field at a certain time).
- If a team does not appear within 10 minutes of the scheduled game time, they will forfeit.
- No player can register for more than one team.
- If a pass is completed outside the boundary line, it is incomplete and the defensive team gains possession of the frisbee.
- A coin toss will determine which team receives the frisbee.
- The player throwing the frisbee inbound must have one foot on the line.
- Play begins with a throw-off. As all players are behind their respective goal lines, one player throws the frisbee in the air. Once it is released all players can run from their goal lines.
- The non-throwing team can grab the frisbee in the air. If caught, it is their possession. If dropped, then it is the non-throwing team’s possession. If out of bounds, the non-throwing team can have possession from where it went out-of-bounds or have the other team throw it in again.
- Each time a goal is scored the teams switch directions of attack, and the team which scored throws off.
- If steps are taken, return to where the pass was completed and resume play.
- Player with frisbee can pivot only with one foot and can only posses the Frisbee for a maximum of 10 seconds.
- Only one player may guard the player in possession of the frisbee.
- The frisbee may not be pulled or knocked out of the hands of an opposing player.
- The frisbee may not be thrown and caught by the same person.
- The defensive team gains possession whenever the offensive team’s pass is incomplete, intercepted, knocked down, or goes out-of-bounds.
- Any rule disagreements will be settle by the IM staff workers.