Important summer information for all myPlan participants!
If you are a student you could be getting family planning services (birth control), at no cost to you if:
- You are a registered Gustavus Adolphus College Student
- You are between 15 - 50 years of age
- You are a U.S. citizen
- You are not pregnant
- You are not enrolled in Medical Assistance, MinnesotaCare, or another state funded program
- Earn no more than the monthly income limits below:
Family Size Monthly Income Limit 1 Person (you) $1,805 2 Persons (you + spouse or child) $2,429
We do not ask for information about your parent's income. The income limit is your gross weekly wages before taxes are taken out of your paycheck. And if you have private health insurance, it does not affect your eligibility.
Family planning services covered:
- Annual exam (pelvic, Pap smear, breast exam and associated labs)
- Birth control
- Testing and treatment of sexually transmitted infections identified during a family planning visit
- Emergency contraception
- Family planning education
Gustavus Student Health Service is a participant in the Minnesota Family Planning Program (MFPP). You can sign up at Student Health Service. To enroll, students need to make an appointment with Health Service and complete a short form. Bring the following documentation to your appointment:
- Student ID
- Proof of income (pay stubs from last 30 days)
- Passport OR drivers license AND birth certificate
Minnesota Family Planning Program (MFPP) is a federal grant to prevent unintended pregnancies.