Important summer information for all myPlan participants!
If you are a student you could be getting family planning services (birth control), at no cost to you if:
- You are a registered Gustavus Adolphus College Student
- You are between 15 - 50 years of age
- You are a U.S. citizen
- You are not pregnant
- You are not enrolled in Medical Assistance, MinnesotaCare, or another state funded program
- Earn no more than the monthly income limits below:
|Family Size||Monthly Income Limit|
|1 Person (you)||$1,805|
|2 Persons (you + spouse or child)||$2,429|
We do not ask for information about your parent's income. The income limit is your gross weekly wages before taxes are taken out of your paycheck. And if you have private health insurance, it does not affect your eligibility.
Family planning services covered:
- Annual exam (pelvic, Pap smear, breast exam and associated labs)
- Birth control
- Testing and treatment of sexually transmitted infections identified during a family planning visit
- Emergency contraception
- Family planning education
Before you enroll:
We are glad you are thinking about family planning/contraception.
With the Affordable Care Act (ACA) insurance companies are required to offer contraceptive options at no cost. Prior to enrolling in myPlan we ask that you check with your insurance company to see what options are available to you. To do so please:
- Call the customer service number on the back of your insurance card.
- They will likely need the member ID and possibly other identifying information.
- Ask what contraceptive options are available to you at no cost.
- If there are pill options (oral contraceptives) please find out specific brands.
- If you are concerned about confidentiality (i.e. you don't want the policy holder to know) ask if the "Explanation of Benefits (EOB)" will be sent to policy holder (this is usually a parent)? If so, ask if there is a way to keep information confidential? (They will likely have a form to be completed or need to get your information to send you the EOB.)
If you have coverage with your insurance company then please schedule an appointment with a provider for contraceptive counseling.
If you do not have coverage with your insurance company then please schedule an appointment to enroll in myPlan.
Gustavus Student Health Service is a participant in the Minnesota Family Planning Program (MFPP). You can sign up at Student Health Service. To enroll, students need to make an appointment with Health Service and complete a short form. Bring the following documentation to your appointment:
- Student ID
- Proof of income (pay stubs from last 30 days)
- Passport OR drivers license AND birth certificate
Minnesota Family Planning Program (MFPP) is a federal grant to prevent unintended pregnancies.