Windows 8.1 is the most recent release of Microsoft's operating system software. Windows 8 was originally released to the general public on October 26th, 2012.
- Windows 8
- Windows 8.1 (released October 2013)
- Swipe in from the right to get to the charms. (Search, Share, Start, Devices, Settings)
- Swipe in from the left to get to other open applications. Keep swiping to get to more open applications.
- To get a list of open apps, swipe in from the left and then back without lifting finger.
- Zoom in by pinching the screen.
- Zoom out by do a reverse pinching of the screen.
- Swipe in from the top or bottom to open an application's commands.
- Press and hold to see an icon's shortcut menu.
- To close an application, tap and hold, then drag the application from the top of the screen to the button on the screen.
Adding a Gustavus Printer
Do I need to buy an antivirus program?
Windows 8 comes preinstalled with Windows Defender. To register on the Gustavus network, just make sure it is up to date. No other antivirus installation needed.
Boot into safe mode
- While turning the computer and it starts to load, hold the shift key while tapping F8.
- Click the Troubleshoot icon.
- Click Advanced Options.
- Click Windows Startup options.
- Click Restart.
- Then click safe mode or safe mode with networking.