VLC Media Player
(Redirected from VLC)
VLC Media Player (also known as Video Lan Client or just VLC) is a free, open source media player available for many operating systems, including Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. VLC can play most video and audio file types, as well as DVDs, VCDs, and streaming protocols.
Playing Gustavus Live Streams on VLC
- Download and install VLC.
- Download your the file for the video stream you wish to watch. These files can be on the live streams page.
- Open VLC.
- Click "File" or "Media"
- Then "Open Network"
- In the URL bar enter "http://static.gac.edu/go/live"
- Click open and VLC should start playing the live stream.
If you want subtitles go to Video->Subtitles->Closed Captions 1.
If the video is skipping try one using one of the lower quality video streams.
How to play DVDs
- Insert DVD into computer
- Click File-->Open Disc
- Modify any of the settings and click OK.
- Double-click the screen to go full screen.
VLC is currently the default video player for video played from DVArchive.