Rescue 6111 CD
The Rescue 6111 CD is a regularly-updated collection of useful computer applications, security tools, and Gustavus hardware drivers on a CD-ROM, provided by the Technology Helpline. Students can pick up a free copy of the CD at the Technology Helpline front desk, located on the main floor of Olin Hall.
- Current Version: 9_07 v1
Contents of CD
The diverse collection of software contained on the CD has been hand-picked by Technology Helpline to address the most common technology issues had by members of the Gustavus community. While some of these applications are easy-to-use and self-explanatory, some are only intended for advanced users.
If you have any questions about using any of the applications on the Rescue 6111 cd, please contact the Technology Helpline by calling x6111 or sending e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ewido Antispyware/AVG Antispyware 7.5.485
- Spybot: Search and Destroy
- Swat It
- Windows Defender
Please note: Beginning in the 2014-2015 academic year, Gustavus Technology Services will no longer offer Symantec Endpoint Protection for installation on personally-owned computers. Campus network users (Windows) will still be required to have a functional antivirus program installed on their computer. These programs include Norton, Kaspersky, etc. On Windows 8 machines, the standard Windows Defender program is recommended.
- Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition 10.2 (For Vista Only)
- Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition 10.1.5
- Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition 10.2 (For Vista 64-Bit Only)
- Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition 10.1.5 (For XP 64-Bit Only)
- HiJack This
- Pocket Killbox
- Process XP
- Startup List
- TCP View
- Windows Installer CleanUp Utility
- Windows Run Key Info
- HP Laserjet 4250 printer driver
- Registry fixes, Norton removal tools, Firewall fixes, etc.
Virus removal tools
- Stinger.exe version 2.6 (9/01/2006)
- And Others