Readiris is text-recognition scanning software.
- Open the program by double-clicking on the proper program in your Applications folder.
- Make sure you have your document properly place on the scanner (right-oriented).
- Click the “Acquire” button on the left. The document will then be scanned.
- Be patient.
- Once it is finished scanning, you may save it by clicking on the “Recognize” button.
- When it asks you to name the file and choose its save location, you must also be sure to check the “Append to file” box.
- The document will then be saved.
You may open and edit the saved document with Microsoft Word or most other word processing programs.