A paper tray is part of a printer and is used to store and feed paper to the printer.
Generally printers will have multiple paper trays.
- Tray 1 or the bypass tray
- The bypass tray on a printer is generally a fold down compartment that allows you to easily use different styles or sizes of paper.
- Tray 2
- This tray generally comes standard with printers and is typically set to print on 8.5 x 11 inch paper.
- Tray 3, 4 or More
- Additional trays can be purchased to better suit the end users needs.
- Extra trays are generally used for types of paper that are need regularly such as letter head or larger paper sizes.