Importing Data from Another Course
If you would to transfer data, including resource files, forums, quizzes, etc. from one Moodle course to another, you can do so very easily using the Import link in the Administration block. To transfer data from one course or section to another:
- Log into the Moodle course that you want to transfer data in to.
- Click on the Import link located in the Administration block on the left. This will take you to the page that allows you to import resources from another course. From the "Courses I have taught" menu, select the course you want to import data from and click on the "Use this course" button.
- On the next page, you will be given the option to select all the data or just portions of it by checking the appropriate boxes on the page. You will also be given the option to import user data - you do not want to import user data, which is unchecked by default. Make sure the "Course Files" menu says "Yes." Click the Continue button on the bottom of the page to proceed.
- The next window basically confirms your import preferences. Click the Continue button at the bottom of the page. (Occasionally, a temporary page is displayed that says "Do Not Click Continue" - please do not click on that link.)
- The following page shows you the data that has been exported from the old course. Click Continue. Clicking this button completes your import.
- Clicking Continue on the last page takes you back to the main page of the course you imported data into. Your import is now complete.