Moodle is an open-source online course management system. Gustavus maintains its own Moodle server, on which pages are automatically created for all Gustavus courses each term and are available for use by faculty, staff and students. Gustavus' Moodle site is located at http://moodle.gac.edu
Moodle has fairly comprehensive built-in documentation. To access help for a particular feature, look for the yellow "?" or the link. To supplement the built-in help, additional documentation has been written by Gustavus employees.
- Features Overview
- Moodle Basics — Getting Started with Moodle.
- Moodle Resources — Adding resources, such as files or websites, to your Moodle site.
- File Management — Uploading and using files within Moodle.
- Moodle Mass Actions — Performing mass actions to Moodle resources.
- Assignments — Using the Assignment feature for both online and offline assignments.
- Chat Sessions — Creating and using Moodle Chats.
- Forums — Creating and using Forums within Moodle.
- Gradebook — Setting up and using the Moodle Gradebook.
- Groups — Using Moodle's "Groups" feature.
- Journal — Using student Journals in Moodle.
- RSS Feeds — Adding an RSS feed to your Moodle site.
- Quizzes — Creating and using Moodle's Quiz feature.
- Import — Importing data from one class or section to another.