Lecture Capture is available in a select number of classrooms at Gustavus. Lecture Capture gives you the ability to record audio/video of a lecture, class, project or other presentation. By visiting a web page, you are able to select a room, start/stop recording, and download your files. You must be in the building to start a recording of a room. (Example: To record Beck 315, you must be connected to the Beck wireless network.)
How to use
While in the room you wish to record:
- Use a computer or smartphone to visit http://lecturecapture.gac.edu.
- Make sure you are using the Gustavus or GustavusSecure wireless network.
- Log in with your Gustavus credentials.
- Click the room you wish to record.
- Click the Start Recording link (takes a few moments to tell you it is recording).
- Click Stop Recording when finish.
- When done, the Lecture Capture system will send your Gustavus email a link to view your video. If you wish, you can share this link with others.
Rooms with Lecture Capture
- Saint Peter Room
- Wallenburg Auditorium
- Mattson 102
- Mattson 104
- Mattson 130
- Olin Technology Center Classroom - Video only
- Beck 111
- Beck 201
- Beck 315
- Beck 317
- Beck 319
- Fine Arts Music 106
Effective Practices for using Lecture Capture
Take a look at our document talking about how you can use Lecture Capture effectively in your class: Lecture Capture at Gustavus