Employee Voice Mail
Calling the System
Lift up your handset, dial 6330 or press the MESSAGE key. Follow prompts to listen to received messages or to send a new message.
Gustavus's voice mail system provides for two greetings:
Your Personal Greeting is played to anyone calling or transferred to your mailbox. Multiple-greeting allows you to record one greeting to play when the telephone is busy and the other for when the telephone is not answered. The later can be changed daily to inform callers of your schedule, or it can remain the same.
An Extended Absence Greeting can be recorded to advise callers that you will be away from your office and checking your voice mail infrequently.
When you have an Extended Absence Greeting, each time you enter your voice mail you are reminded of that greeting. You will be prompted to delete or retain it. Your Personal Greeting is reinstated as soon as the Extended Absence Greeting is deleted. Unlike the Extended Absence Greeting, your Personal Greeting is "saved" by the system for reuse after you delete the Extended Absence Greeting.
To change your greetings:
1. Call the system (x6330) and enter your password. 2. Press 4-Personal Options 3. Press 3-Greetings 4. Press 1 for Personal Greetings or Press 2 for Extended Absence Greetings. 5. Listen to instructions. 6. Press * to exit until you hear "Good-bye".
To change the recording of your name:
1. Call the system (x6330). 2. Enter your password. 3. Press 4-Personal Options 4. Press 3-Record Greetings 5. Press 3-Name. 6. Record your name. 7. Exit the system by pressing * until you hear "Good bye".
Passwords should be 6 digits in length and known only by you. Don’t make it easy for others to “hack” your voice mail. You should change your password regularly.
To change your password:
1. Call the system (x6330) and enter your current password. 2. Press 4-Personal Options 3. Press 2-Administrative Options 4. Press 1-Passwords 5. Listen to directions. Press * to exit.
Calling Voicemail From Outside Your Office
To reach voice mail when calling from a phone other than your office phone:
1. Call the Octel system. Use the MESSAGE key if available or dial x6330. (Dial 933-6330 from off-campus). 2. Listen to the greeting. 3. Press # or *. This tells the Octel system that you have a mailbox, but not on this phone. 4. Enter your mailbox number (your Gustavus extension number). 5. Enter your password. You are now at the Octel main menu.
NOTE: This works from touch-tone services only.
* Dial 1,1 = Rewinds to the beginning. * Dial 1 = Rewinds 10 seconds. * Dial 2 = Pause. (Dial 2 again to restart). * Dial 3,3 = Fast forwards to end. * Dial 3 = Fast forwards 10 seconds. * Dial 5 = Gives you envelope information. The date, time, and length of the message. You will also hear the sender's name if the message is from someone at Gustavus.
To send messages without calling first:
1. Call the system (x6330). 2. Enter your password. 3. Press 2, Send a Message. 4. Record your message. 5. Press # when finished recording. 6. At this time, you can send, replay or re-record the message. Press 1 to replay the message. Press * to re-record the message. Enter the destination (the person's phone number) to send the message. 7. Press # after the destination. 8. Press * to exit the system.