(Redirected from Electronic mailing list)
An e-mail alias (or e-mail list) is a special e-mail address used to send e-mail to a group of one or more e-mail addresses. An e-mail alias works by forwarding the group e-mail to each individual address.
Creating an Alias
- Go to the Gustavus User Settings page. Click Lists under the e-mail heading on the left hand side of the browser window.
- Type in the name of your desired list in the window. The name can be anything, but is most often something descriptive of the group (i.e. chess-club). Click Create List.
- After you have created your list - edit the list by clicking on the list name under Your e-mail lists.
- Under Recipients, add the email addresses of all those you wish on the list. If it is a Gustavus email address, you need only type their username (jdoe). If it is an email address from another domain, enter in the full address (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Adding Administrators. Administrative privileges allow other users to edit the list. Administrators must be Gustavus users.
Gustavus-L is an optional automated campus announcement and event list that pulls items from the College Calendar. It is distributed Monday through Saturday, with Sunday's announcements and events appearing on Saturday.
To subscribe please visit: Gustavus-L Information and Subscription.
Community-L, Students-L, Faculty-L, Administrator-L, Staff-L and TechAnnounce
These are lists managed and moderated by different departments on campus, and subscription to these lists is required based on your classification.
Messages to these lists must be approved by the list moderator. To send messages to these lists, please contact the managing department.
|Community-L||Marketing and Communications|
|Students-L||Dean of Students Office|
|Administrator-L and Staff-L||Marketing and Communications|
Course and Major e-mail aliases
A list of e-mail aliases for courses and majors is available at People Search (Gribly). After logging in, click Lists on the left side of the window. Enrollment in these lists is automatic and controlled by information from the Registrar's Office.