An Apple ID is a user name you can use for everything you do with Apple. Shop the iTunes Store, log in to iChat or iCloud, buy from the Apple Online Store, make a reservation at an Apple Retail Store, access Apple.com support, and more.
If you use your Gustavus email address for your Apple ID, the password for your Apple ID WILL NOT change when you change you Gustavus email password (or your WebAdvisor password)
You can create an Apple ID by going to http://appleid.apple.com or following the instructions below for creating an Apple ID in iTunes
Creating an Apple ID on a computer
- Open iTunes. If you do not have iTunes, you can download iTunes here.
- From the Store menu, choose Create Account. Click Continue on the resulting screen.
- To proceed, you'll need to agree to the Terms and Conditions. Once you've read and agreed to the Terms and Conditions, click the checkbox next to "I have read and agree to these terms and conditions."
- Click Continue.
- Complete the form to create your free Apple ID (which is what you will use to log in to the iTunes Store).
- The form includes security questions for your protection, as well as an optional rescue email address.
- Once you've filled out the form, click Continue.
- If you receive a warning that the email address you entered is already associated with an Apple ID, follow these instructions about using an existing Apple ID instead.
- Provide a valid payment method and billing address. You will not be charged until you make a purchase.
- Once you've provided all the required billing information, click Continue.
- You will need to verify your email address. Check your email for a verification email from Apple.
- In the verification email you receive from Apple, click the Verify Now link.
- You'll be taken to the Apple ID page to verify your email address.
- Enter your email address and the password you used to create your Apple ID. Then, click Verify
(From Apple Inc.)