Account Password Policy
When picking a password, pick one that is difficult to guess (i.e. don't use your nickname). Remember, your password protects both your privacy and identity.
Your password must
- be at least 8 characters in length
- contain both letters and non-letters
Your password cannot contain
- a dictionary word which is longer than 3 letters.
- a dictionary word which is longer than 3 letters backwards.
- a run of letters longer than 3 letters. (eg. abcd)
- a run of numbers longer than 3 letters. (eg. 1234)
- a run of characters on the keyboard longer than 3 letters. (eg. qwerty)
- the characters ' " or \
- You are required to change your password at least once every 12 months.
- You will be notified at 30, 21 and 14 days prior to the anniversary of your last password change, and be asked to change it again. At 7 days or less you will get daily notifications.
- If you do not change your password once a year, your account will be disabled.
- Once disabled you will need to contact the Technology_Helpline to be re-enabled.