Don't Let Your Gift Be Late
- Cash contributions sent through the mail are usually deductible if they are postmarked by midnight on Dec. 31.
- Securities are generally deductible on the date they are fully transferred (if done electronically) to our books—not the date you ask your broker to make the transfer.
- Real estate gifts, in most states, are considered complete on the date a properly executed deed is delivered to us.
- Tangible personal property gifts are complete once the property is delivered to us.
- Life insurance gifts are considered complete on the date you sign the paperwork transferring ownership to Gustavus, assuming you properly forward the form on to the insurance company.
|Learn more about great year-end charitable gift ideas that can offer you tax benefits.|
Contact Jackie Peterson at 507-933-7543 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about timing your year-end giving appropriately.