GAC Forensics Experience
Gustavus Adolphus College annually presents the Gustavus Forensics Experience, a way for high school students to experience both the Gustavus campus as well as a glimpse of college forensics. Check back again in August 2014 for more information on the next forensics experience!
- See the beauty of the Gustavus campus and our new state of the art forensics facility
- Watch members of the Gustavus Forensics Team compete in eleven different speech categories, including Prose, Program Oral Interpretation, Informative, After Dinner Speaking, Impromptu, Communication Analysis, Persuasive, Dramatic Interpretation, Duo, Poetry and Extemporaneous Speaking
- Free continental breakfast and lunch from the nationally ranked Gustavus Adolphus College Market Place
- Attend an informational meeting with Director of Forensics, Kris Kracht, and senior team members
- Receive free ‘Gustie Wear’
Official College Visit
Campus visits are an integral -- if not the most important -- part of your college selection process. Turn your Gustavus Forensics Experience into an official college visit and stay the night on campus into Monday, October 22, which includes:
- Overnight in one of the college dorms with a member of the Gustavus Forensics Team
- Attend college classes in the academic area of your choice
- Meet with an Admission Counselor to discuss your college career at Gustavus
If interested in an overnight stay, please state so in your registration e-mail.
Forensics has a long tradition of excellence at Gustavus Adolphus College. A few program highlights include:
- 1 of only 9 collegiate teams to be ranked sixfour consecutive years in the top 20 at the American Forensic Association National Individual Events Tournament (AFA-NIET), including a 9th place finish in 2012.
- National Champions in President’s DII at the 2012 and 2011 National Forensic Association National Tournaments.
- Qualified for the Interstate Oratorical Association National Contest eight consecutive years.
- Four American Forensics Association National Individual Events Tournament All-Americans in six years.