Student Employment Opportunities
in Residential Life
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Residential Life Building Assistants will play an
important role in the coordination of communication through the Residential Life office.
The focus of the Building Assistant position will be to work with a specific Area
Coordinator to provide support for communication, marketing and logistical operations
for residence hall communities. There will be FOUR Building Assistants hired each year.
• POSTERS/MARKETING: Building Assistants will develop a plan with the
assistance of the Area Coordinator for posting locations in each residence hall;
posting signs/posters as needed, but at a minimum of twice weekly (includes taking
down outdated signs, posting new signs, etc).
• STORAGE: Checking status of the storage rooms in each residence hall in area of
responsibility on a weekly basis; includes maintaining all forms and coordinating
cleaning and organization of storage room each semester.
• ADMINISTRATIVE: Assist Area Coordinator as needed with administrative duties
(i.e. assistance with coordinating hall check-in and check-out processes; assisting
with information distribution; etc). Building Assistant will be responsible for
checking in at the Residential Life office daily to retrieve items from the Building
MUST HAVE FEDERAL, STATE OR INSTITUTIONAL WORK STUDY
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities
• Attention to detail
• Ability to work autonomously
• Ability to collaborate with a range of professional and administrative staff,
demonstrating initiative and leadership skills
• Positive attitude and support for Residential Life programs and resources
• Eligible students must qualify for work award.
TIME COMMITMENT: Building Assistants will work an average of 4-6 hours per week.
Hours will be scheduled flexibly.
Contact: Sue Myhra 507-933-6072