Student Employment Opportunities
Teaching Assistant - Help answer questions in GEO111, Principles of Geology, lab sections, grade labs, tutor. Must be a Geology Major or have had 2 - 3 courses in geology. TA positions also available for other level 1 & 2 courses.
Collection Curator - Catalog, inventory, and sort our large collection of fossils, rocks, and minerals. Basic computer experience necessary; Geology background needed.
Clerical Assistant - Assist with office duties, including word processing, photocopying, scanning, mail distribution and bulletin board maintenance.
AVAILABLE TO ALL AID TYPES
Contact: Marilyn Frederick 507-933-7333
Geology Clerical Assistant
1 position, 9 hours/week.
Student responsibilities will vary week to week and depending on department needs and student ability.
- Assist with office duties including word processing, photocopying, scanning, mail distribution and bulletin board maintenance.
- Assist with laboratory inventory and cleaning of supplies and glassware.
- Assist with organizing and maintaining field equipment
- Curating museum and classroom rock specimens and fossils
- Updating geology website
- Assist with laboratory setup, including preparation of solutions and media
- Assist with course material preparation and grading
Prefer first-year or sophomore with times available on at least three days Monday through Friday.
Federal, state, institutional, or special approval work study
Contact: Julie Bartley 507-933-7307