Student Employment Opportunities
in Campus Activities Office
Gustavus Adolphus College Mascot
A non-competitive mascot program that will promote crowd interaction and school spirit through cheering, dance, and interactive crowd participation. Act as a representative for the college at Athletic, student body, VIP functions and public appearances.
- Must be spirited and enthusiastic.
- Must have excellent crowd interaction.
- Must interact well with kids.
- Must be in good physical condition.
- Must be able to appropriately respond to negativity from opposing teams’ fans and ultimately always stay positive.
- Must be accountable, timely and responsible.
- Must be positive and respect opposing teams, peers, athletes, coach and advisor.
- Must be at least 5’9’’ to be Gus
- Athletics- Average 2 events per week in seasons, Athletic Director will provide us with requests/schedules. Playoffs are an optional and at the discretion of the advisor. Spectator sports will have priority over non-spectator sports.
- Student Events: Campus Activities takes requests and decides. Orientation, Family Weekend, Homecoming Parade, Senior Week, Midnight Express, etc.
- On campus departments: Campus Activities takes requests and decides. Health Services, Admissions, Bookmark, etc.
- Special (non student) Events: Advancement/Marketing takes requests and decides. Royal Affair, Alumni Gatherings, Annual Fund, Gala dinner, etc.
- Non-Gustavus Events: By hire with cost attached (birthday parties). Student will be paid out of student employment; fee goes to Campus Activities for legwork and mascot maintenance.
*Note that ability to commit is always dependent on ability to schedule personnel and is not guaranteed.
- Must attend an average of 3 practices/training sessions per semester (at advisor’s discretion).
- Must be available for monthly Mascots meetings.
- Must commit to approximately 2-4 hours per week (appearances, games, and practices).
- Some travel may be required for events.
- Must have student employment or work-study.
- Partial student employment package- will pay a minimum of 2 hours for any appearance.
- MUST HAVE FEDERAL, STATE, OR INSTITUTIONAL STUDENT EMPLOYMENT
- MUST COMPLETE GUS THE MASCOT APPLICATION- AVAILABLE AT THE CAMPUS ACTIVITIES OFFICE
- MUST SIGN AGREEMENT TO FOLLOW BEHAVIOR/RESPONSIBILITY RULES FOR THIS JOB
Contact: Katelyn Spooner 507-933-7598