Outlined below are the steps to get you started.
- Read Why Apply?
- Read about Gustavus Fellowship Recipients
- With your longterm goals in mind, review the list of nationally competitive fellowships and familiarize yourself with those that are of most interest to you.
- Complete the Gustavus Fellowships Office First Meeting Form, a document that will help the office guide you towards a fellowship that is compatible with your priorities and goals during or after Gustavus.
- Arrange to meet with Fellowships Coordinator by emailing the Fellowships Coordinator, Amanda Nienow, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please bring a hard copy of your completed First Meeting Form to your meeting.
- During your meeting, you will discuss in greater
depth the information you have provided on the First Meeting Form, and
decide on your next steps and an appropriate timeline. You will also
review the ways in which the Gustavus Fellowships Office
can support your application process, including the following:
- counsel on which opportunities fit you best,
- guidance on the application process,
- assistance in writing and revising your personal statements and project proposals,
- interview preparation,
- links to resources and information on the major scholarships, and
- advice from past scholarship winners and finalists.