Gustavus Day at the Capitol
On Thursday, March 19, 2015 students and financial aid supporters from Gustavus Adolphus College will have the opportunity gather at the state Capitol to thank legislators for the impact they have had on students, as a part of Gustavus's Day at the Capitol.
The Minnesota State Grant program supports more than 30% of Gustavus students. Many students receive state grants and all Gustavus students benefit from the Minnesota State Grant Program because State Grant money frees up financial aid to be used for other students.
Day at the Capitol allows students to learn how to become effective advocates while urging state legislators to support Minnesota students. Participants will speak with key lawmakers, hear from Gustavus alumni who work in the legislature, tour the Capitol, and have the opportunity to network with Gustavus alumni.
A day packed with legislative advocacy, sightseeing, and networking. After much success, our networking event returns, and takes place from 3 to 5 p.m. at the University Club of St. Paul. This event will give students attending Day at the Capitol an opportunity to network with Gustavus alumni who are working in careers affiliated with the Capitol and state government.
Thursday, March 19 Schedule
- 8:00 a.m. Board Bus at Three Flags
- 9:30 a.m. Arrive at State Office Building
- 10:00 a.m. Check In and Training
- 10:30 a.m. Meetings with Legislators
- 12:00 p.m. Lunch
- 1:00 p.m. Opportunities to attend committee meetings and live sessions of both the House and Senate.
- 3:00 p.m. Networking event with alums in government/public service careers at the University Club of St. Paul, including table talks and food and beverages.
- 7:00 p.m. Arrive at Gustavus
Registration closes Friday, March 13, 2015