Semester and Year-Long Programs
You must apply for Gustavus approval to study away before you can apply to the program of your choice. Go to Applications for more information.
- Gustavus Faculty Led Semester Programs
- Gustavus Exchange Programs
- HECUA Programs
- ISLE Program
- 2014-15 Semester and Year-long Aprpoved Programs List- NOW AVAILABLE!
- StudioAbroad - program search and application system.
- For more information about the StudioAbroad search engine and application system, read the StudioAbroad help page
Applications for 2014-15 Semester Study Away are now available via StudioAbroad.
- For all semester and academic year programs for 2014-15: MARCH 1, 2014.
- If you are planning to study abroad during fall term or for the academic year, we recommend that you have your StudioAbroad application completed by February 1 or 15.
For academic year 2014-15, CICE must better balance off-campus study away numbers between fall and spring such that more students are away in Fall semester and less in Spring. To this end, please note the following:
- We will give Gustavus Semester in Sweden and Gustavus Semester in India program applications priority over all other applications.
- We will give FALL and ACADEMIC YEAR (AY) program applications priority over spring program applications.
- Fall and AY program applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis (as much as possible) as applications are completed (before and after March 1).
- Spring applications (not already reviewed) will be held until after the CICE March 1 deadline and reviewed at that time.
- Depending on the number of fall program applicants, we will have a better sense of how many applications can be approved for spring 2015.
- Spring applicants will be notified of their Gustavus approval by late April/early May (or as quickly as applications can be processed.)
- For all applicants, the entirety of your application will be very important - essay, faculty recommendations, GPA, etc., will be considered.
- VISIT with a PEER ADVISOR to learn more about your study away options. Stop by the CICE in the Carlson International Center to make an appointment
"My time in Northern Ireland was an experience I'll never forget. I grew as a person through my experiences and was changed by the people I met. Above all, studying abroad gave me a new appreciation for home and taught me to see beauty in unexpected things."
Rebecca Thompson, '14, Religion major
Program: HECUA Northern Ireland: Democracy and Social Change, Spring 2013