Additional January 2016 January Interim Off-Campus Programs
- HECUA Courses
- UMAIE Courses
- HECUA, UMAIE Application Process
- January International Internship, Career Explorations, and Independent Studies
There is a non-refundable $65 application fee to Gustavus and a non-refundable $50 application fee to HECUA.
All UMAIE Rules and Procedures apply to each course. Gustavus college policies apply to each course. Additional materials will be required by the Gustavus Center for International and Cultural Education. There is a $65 non-refundable Gustavus application fee in addition to a $500 UMAIE deposit (applied to the cost) for each course.
Click hereto view 2016 UMAIE courses.
You can find costs and additional course descriptions on the UMAIE website click here.
UMAIE CAMPUS REPRESENTATIVES
- Gustavus Adolphus College: Center for International and Cultural Education: Roger Adkins
To apply for HECUA or UMAIE, you need to first fill out an application for Gustavus through StudioAbroad.
You will need to go through the following process in order to apply for a HECUA or UMAIE course:
- Apply for your course through Gustavus on StudioAbroad. Directions for the application process can be found here. You must first receive Gustavus approval before you can apply for a UMAIE or HECUA course. Note that Gustavus approval does not constitute approval by or acceptance into the specific January program.
- You will be notified via your StudioAbroad account if your application has been approved or denied by Gustavus.The notification will include instructions on how to apply to your specific January program/program provider. You may not apply to your specific program provider until you’ve received approval and instructions from CICE via your StudioAbroad account.
- Once approved by Gustavus, you can complete your additional program application for HECUA online on their site, links provided. Note: all the components for the UMAIE application are on the Gustavus StudioAbroad application. This application will also be viewed by UMAIE instructors for approval, you will not have to fill out a separate application for UMAIE. You must however bring in your separate program fees to CICE for all the application and deposit fees listed above.
The Center for International and Cultural Education works in tandem with the Center for Servant Leadership and the Registrar’s Office when a student is planning to complete an international internship or career exploration off-campus during January Interim. NOTE: Students must complete a StudioAbroad application, an online pre-departure orientation, and submit other forms. A non-refundable $35 application fee is required.
See these links below for more information:
After a student’s individual study is approved by all responsible parties, CICE will send materials to the student regarding orientation, insurance, immunizations, liability, required medical information and policies. While the student is abroad, the Center will assist the student as needed.
For more information please contact: Roger Adkins