There are many ways to continue your processing of the experience you've just had. Here are some on the places and ideas that can assist you on campus.
Re-Entry Course - Intercultural Issues NDL 200-001: Every semester Patty English of the Communications Dept. offers a re-entry course for returning students. The course is seminar format and is designed to help returnee reflect on, analyze and discuss the intercultural issues connected with study/living overseas.
CICE Office: Just a reminder that our door is open if you want to chat about your study abroad experience, reentry issues, or even just to share pictures.
Academic Advisor: Upon your return, be sure to check in with you Academic Advisor to talk about your GAC course plan, degree requirements, and/or changes in major or minor.
Counseling Center: If you want to talk to someone about your experience or about re-entry shock: don't forget about the GAC Counseling Center (933-7027). In addition, you may want to seek out students from your group or seek out others who have been abroad as they will have a better understand of you're going through.
CVR: The Center for Vocational Reflection can be a great resource to process and diffuse all the things going through you head as you re-adjust to life on campus. They are located in the Student Union.
Career Center: Putting your experience abroad to use when applying and searching for jobs is always a benefit. The staff in the Career Center can assist you in this task. Contact them at 933-7586.
- Participate in the Tales from Abroad discussion series.
- Join the CICE for the Re-Entry Pizza Party. It happens every semester to allow returnees the chance to share their adventure abroad.
- Submit a photo to the International Photo Contest held every fall.
- Join a cultural club on campus, like the International Cultures Club.
- Apply to be a Peer Advisor for CICE. Contact Jill Fischer for more information.
- Write a Statement or Profile for the CICE to help encourage others to study abroad.
- For a list of even more ideas click here.