We are looking forward to your arrival at Gustavus. There are several things that you must accomplish prior to your arrival. The following is a checklist of what you must do:
- International Gustie Guide. This guide is designed to help you prepare for your experience at Gustavus. Please read this guide.
- Apply for your visa as soon as possible.
- Register for courses and agree to the Honor Code. Please e-mail your course choices and honor code agreement to Jeff. You can search for classes here.
You can find the honor code here; please email us saying that you agree to follow the Gustavus Honor Code.
- Housing information. Complete the Residence Hall Contract and Preference Questionnaire, then print and fax or scan the Residence Hall Contract and Preference Questionnaire to Jeff. You can download the Residence Hall Contract and Preference Questionnaire here. Click here for residence hall photos and descriptions.
- For more information, you can also e-mail one of our international students.
- Student Health Services information and forms. Please complete the International Student Health History form and return it directly to Student Health Services by fax, scan and e-mail, or mail, before you arrive at Gustavus. Please carefully read the letter from Student Health Services outlining the requirements for immunizations and a physical exam. You will meet with our Student Health Services staff during orientation. If you have not had the required immunizations or physical exam, you will be able to have those done here. Please do not get a tuberculosis screening before you arrive, because you will be required to do that here during orientation.
- Health insurance. You will automatically be enrolled in and billed for the Gustavus international student health insurance policy. If you want the Gustavus health insurance, you don’t need to do anything. If you have your own health insurance that meets the Gustavus requirements you
- Student employment. If you intend to work on campus, please complete the student employment application and fax it or scan and e-mail it to us. You can find a listing of student jobs here.
- When you have arranged your flight, please e-mail the following information to us:
- The airline
- The flight number
- Date of arrival at Minneapolis / St. Paul International airport
- Time of arrival at Minneapolis / St. Paul International airport
- The city or cities you will be going through (connecting flights)
To enter the United States, you will need the following:
- Passport valid for at least 6 months from the date you enter the U.S.
- Valid F-1 or J-1 visa
- I-20 or DS-2019 from Gustavus Adolphus College
- Documentation of funds sufficient to cover your first year at Gustavus (you can use the same documentation you used to apply for your visa)