Apply to Gustavus
There are three types of international students accepted at Gustavus Adolphus College:
1. Degree-seeking International Students
To be considerd for application for admission to Gustavus Adolphus College, please submit the following:
- Apply for Admission, using the Common Application which can be submitted electronically. There is no application fee.
- Academic Record (transcripts from secondary school and any college or university you have attended.
- TOEFL score report (minimum 80 iBT) or IELTS score report (minimum 6.0). You may arrange to take the TOEFL or IELTS through your school, the nearest United States Educational Service, or be registering at ETS or IELTS. Gustavus Adolphus College institutional codes are: TOEFL - 6253 and IELTS - 4981.
- Two letters of recommendation from teachers, faculty, or school officials (forms available through the Common Application forms page).
- Certified financial documents verifying the amount of funding available for your education. Documents may include bank statements from the last three months, statement of income from employers, evidence of assets, or a letter from your sponsor along with documentation of your sponsor's funding. U.S. immigration law requires documentation of funding before a school can issue an I-20.
- If you wish to apply for scholarships or other financial assistance, please complete the CSS/Financial Aid Profile.
- You may submit SAT or ACT scores, but they are not required. Our SAT code is 6253. Our ACT code is 2112. See more information here about our test-optional admission policy.
Academic records and certified financial documents should be sent to:
Center for International and Cultural Education
Gustavus Adolphus College
800 West College Avenue
Saint Peter, MN 56082 United States
All other materials should be submitted electronically.
To be considered for fall semester admission, we should receive all of the above by March 1. To be considered for spring semester admission, we should receive all of the above by October 1.
Questions? Contact us.
2. Exchange Students
Gustavus has the following exchange partnerships:
- China - United International College, Zhuhai
- France - Université de Franche-Comté, Besançon
- Japan - Kansai Gaidai University, Hirakata city
- Malaysia - Universiti Sains Malaysia, Georgetown
- Sweden - Mora Folkhoögskola, Mora
- Sweden - Uppsala University, Uppsala
- Sweden - Linnæus University, Växjo
If you are a student at one of our exchange partners, you will apply through your home university, and must submit the following:
3. Teaching Assistants
The Department of Modern Languages, Literatures and Cultures has enriched its curriculum by hiring native speakers, advanced international students who take some classes but also serve as teaching assistants. Their perspectives add immeasurably to beginning language student experiences. Interested international students apply through IES for a one year teaching assistant opportunity.
Questions? Contact us.