To provide opportunities for Gustavus Adolphus College faculty to gain experience in leading off-campus programs, January Interims taught by a single faculty member may include a second faculty member (mentee) who would accompany the January Interim group and serve as assistant to the faculty instructor (mentor).
Note: There are no Program Development funds available from CICE for the 2012-13 fiscal year. The mentee program is on hiatus until further notice.
The following guidelines apply:
- The mentee must not be scheduled to teach during the January Interim. Serving as a mentee does not count as teaching a course, so the mentee will normally have a 3-0-3 teaching load.
- A faculty member who wishes to be considered for the mentoring program must make his/her request (in writing) to the Director of CICE.
- The request should include the signature of the mentee’s Department Chair signifying approval of the mentee’s involvement in the Mentoring Program
- The faculty instructor (mentor) must have taught at least one off-campus program prior to the start of the mentoring program.
- All direct program costs (including travel, accommodations, 2 meals per day) for the mentee will be covered by the program development fund of CICE.
- A faculty mentee is expected to devote his or her entire effort to the program. Generally, family members may not accompany a mentee.
Questions? Contact the CICE Director.
Material on the Information for Faculty pages is from the IDPC Program Manual originally approved by the faculty on May 5, 2008. Revisions approved April 30, 2010.