November 13, 7 p.m. - November 14, 4 p.m.
High School youth and youth leaders are invited to join Gustavus’ Pastor Grady St. Dennis and Political Science Professor Dr. Richard Leitch, in experiencing one night without a home.
The purpose of the event is to raise awareness of homelessness and learn about hunger issues, and think about what is being done and can be done to end hunger and homelessness in our communities. Giving even one night will make a difference!
Every participant must have a parent/guardian sign an Emergency Medical Information and Awareness of Risk and Release of Liability and Indemnification Agreement Form before participating.
- There is NO COST to participate, and all youth leaders must pre-register their group by Monday, November 9.
- Transportation is not provided. On the night of the event, participants must check in by 7:00 p.m. in Christ Chapel.
- Each participant is asked to bring a non-perishable food item as an offering for the local food shelf.
- Christ Chapel will be open the entire time of the SleepOUT and participants are welcome to sleep indoors. Please wear clothing appropriate for the weather and the event.
- Cardboard boxes will NOT be available for those who would like to sleep outdoors, but you may bring your own if you choose.