What is Pastor-2-Pastor?
- A supportive network of pastors for pastors.
- A program designed to care for body, mind, and spirit of pastors.
- A ministry open to pastors of the Southwestern Minnesota and Southeastern Minnesota synods of the ELCA who are in their final year of First Call or have completed the experience. Open to pastors of other denominations who have an interest in collegiality and spiritual growth.
- A program cooperatively sponsored by the Southwestern and Southeastern Minnesota Synods ELCA and Gustavus Adolphus College.
- A small group of 4–6 pastors meets monthly.
- A trained facilitator who is a pastor leads the group.
- Mutual accountability, sharing of issues, and concerns.
- Building friendships, support, and collegiality with peers.
- Meaningful study, prayer, and worship.
24-Hour Gatherings at Gustavus Adolphus College
- Gatherings held three times a year.
- Continuing education offered by keynote speakers and professionals from a variety of disciplines.
- Care of body, mind, and spirit.
- Opportunities to worship together.
- Conversation, social connections, and mutual support.
- Time to relax and be renewed.
- Housing and meals provided on campus.
Cost of the Program
The annual cost for the pastor is $150. There are no additional charges for the gatherings at Gustavus. The actual cost for the program is over $700 per pastor. The program has been largely supported by grants and strong financial support from congregations, Gustavus Adolphus College, the Southwestern and Southeastern Minnesota Synods ELCA, and Thrivent Financial for Lutherans.
Benefits for Congregations
- Spiritual renewal for pastor.
- Enhanced energy for ministry in congregation.
- Ideas shared from other congregations.
- New pastoral vision.