About Nursing at Gustavus
Summer Institute of Nursing
The following information pertains only to the Nursing major at Gustavus Adolphus College. More information can be found at the Nursing department's website.
- Part of the Minnesota Intercollegiate Nursing Consortium (MINC), which is a collegial association between the nursing programs at St. Olaf College and Gustavus.
- The Consortium offers students the opportunity to earn a Gustavus degree, enroll in nursing courses with students from both campuses, enjoy courses taught by professors from two colleges, and have clinical learning experiences in a wide variety of rural and metropolitan healthcare and community facilities.
- Program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) and approved by the Minnesota Board of Nursing (MBN)
- Program spans four academic years.
- During the first and second years, students complete prerequisites and general education courses. In the junior and senior years, they continue their liberal arts courses and complete the nursing courses necessary for licensure.