Summer Institute of Nursing
June 22–26, 2014
The Gustavus Adolphus College Summer Institute of Nursing is designed to provide high school students the opportunity to explore the profession of nursing, as well as other healthcare careers. The Institute will expose students to the variety of career opportunities available within nursing including hospital and community-based nursing, rural healthcare, and leadership opportunities in nursing. Students attending the Institute will receive valuable knowledge about applying to a nursing program, as well as have the opportunity to earn CPR certification.
At the conclusion of the Gustavus Adolphus College Summer Institute of Nursing, students will:
- Explore the nursing profession, including hospital and community-based care, rural health nursing, leadership roles in nursing and working with diverse populations.
- Practice hands-on nursing skills with a human patient simulator.
- Meet healthcare professionals and learn more about the array of opportunities available in healthcare.
- Interact with current Gustavus nursing students and learn about how to apply to a nursing program.
- Have opportunity to earn CPR Certification.