Junior Summer Speech Institute
GAC-JRSSI Rules of Engagement
A violation of the following will get you sent home at your parents/guardians’ expense:
- Smoking or other use of tobacco
- Drinking alcohol
- Drug use
- Cohabiting in unassigned rooms
- Damaging of library materials
- Damaging College property
- Threatening others verbally or physically
- Violating dorm curfew
- Leaving campus without staff permission
- Using a cell phone during lecture or practice sessions
Life In The Dorm
- Be respectful to other men and women. We assume that most people are attending GAC-JRSSI to improve as a speaker. If this is not true for you, DO NOT make it difficult for others to sleep or work. If you are a problem, consequences will result.
- You should be on your dorm floor at 10:30 pm and in your rooms and have lights out at 10:45 pm, unless noted on the schedule. It is imperative that you get adequate sleep. Failure to arrive on time each morning will not be tolerated.
- Please respect dorm property, hallways and lounges. Should you make a mess, clean it up immediately. I know the head custodian very well, and trust me; you DO NOT want to upset her!
- You may be on the dorm floor of the opposite sex from 12:00 pm to 10:00 pm.
- Should you lose your dorm key(s), you will be responsible for paying to replace the key(s) at $100 per key!
- Please be respectful of non-Institute persons who may be working in offices, labs, and/or classrooms.
- Rooms must be reasonably clean at all times. We do not want to create an impression of being messy.
- No liquid is allowed in cans—only in bottles with screw tops. Should you spill something, clean it up immediately.
- Buildings will be locked at 11:00 pm.
GAC-JRSSI staff will strictly enforce the above policies. Failure to comply with GAC-JRSSI policies will result in a friendly reminder and even a not so friendly second reminder. Failure to correct a behavior will result in being sent home at your parents/guardians’ expense. A serious initial infraction could result in immediate removal.