Visiting Team Guide
Gustavus Adolphus College
Department of Athletics
800 West College Avenue
St. Peter, MN 56082-1498
Phone: (507) 933-7617
Fax: (507) 933-8412
- Home Event Information
- Directions and Parking
- Admission to Athletic Events
- Sports Information
- Sports Medicine
- Locker Rooms
- St. Peter Restaurants
- Area Lodging
- Baseball — Contests played at Gustavus Field, which is on the west side of campus, located west of Lund Center and south of the Swanson Tennis Center.
- Basketball — Contests played on Gus Young Court located in Lund Center. Visiting team sits on the bench closest to blue curtain.
- Cross Country — Course located in the Arboretum west of Lund Center by the President's House.
- Football — Contests played on Hollingsworth Field located immediately west of Lund Center. Visiting team uses east side.
- Golf — Le Sueur Country Club is the home course for Gustavus golf.
- Gymnastics — Contests held in the Sponberg Gymnastics Studio located in Lund Center.
- Hockey — Contests played in the Don Roberts Ice Rink located in Lund Center.
- Nordic Skiing — Glueck Park in St. Peter is the home course for the Gustavus Nordic team.
- Soccer — Contests played on the Gustie Soccer Field located immediately north of Lund Center. Locker rooms/meeting area available in Lund Center.
- Softball — Contests played on the Gustie Softball Field located north of Lund Center behind Norelius Residence Hall.
- Swimming — Meets held in the Lund Center Natatorium.
- Tennis — Outdoor contests played on the Brown Tennis Courts adjacent to the Swanson Tennis Center. Outdoor matches are also played at the Karen Gibbs Tennis Courts located east of Lund Center behind North/Gibbs/Sorensen Residence Halls. Indoor contests are played in Swanson Tennis Center located in the tennis bubble northwest of Lund Center.
- Track & Field — Meets are held on the allweather track located north of Lund Center.
- Volleyball — Contests are played on Gus Young Court located in Lund Center.
|Director of Athletics||Tom Brown||(507) 933-7622|
|Athletic Secretary||Barb Rodning||(507) 933-7617|
|Sports Information Director||Ethan Armstrong||(507) 933-7647|
|Head Athletic Trainer||Troy Banse||(507) 933-6463|
|Equipment Manager||Wayne Norman||(507) 933-7620|
|Baseball Coach||Mike Carroll||(507) 933-6297|
|Mens Basketball Coach||Mark Hanson||(507) 933-7037|
|Womens Basketball Coach||Laurie Kelly||(507) 933-6145|
|M/W Cross Country Coach||Dale Bahr||(507) 933-7657|
|Football Coach||Peter Haugen||(507) 933-7660|
|M/W Golf Coach||Scott Moe||(507) 933-7610|
|Gymnastics Coach||Charlie Aydt||(507) 933-6409|
|Mens Hockey Coach||Brett Petersen||(507) 933-7615|
|Womens Hockey Coach||Mike Carroll||(507) 933-6297|
|M/W Nordic Skiing Coach||Jed Friedrich||(507) 933-7632|
|Mens Soccer Coach||Mike Middleton||(507) 933-7699|
|Womens Soccer Coach||Laura Burnett-Kurie||(507) 933-7619|
|Softball Coach||Jeff Annis||(507) 933-6417|
|M/W Swimming Coach||Jon Carlson||(507) 933-7694|
|Mens Tennis Coach||Tommy Valentini||(507) 933-6446|
|Womens Tennis Coach||Jon Carlson||(507) 933-7694|
|M/W Track & Field Coach||Dale Bahr||(507) 933-7657|
|Volleyball Coach||Rachelle Sherden||(507) 933-6468|
Access to Gustavus from the Twin Cities or Mankato is most direct via US Highway 169, a four-lane expressway. As you enter St. Peter, US Hwy 169 becomes Minnesota Avenue. The College is located on the west side of St. Peter at the termination of College Avenue. As you enter St. Peter from the south, turn left on College Avenue, or if you enter St. Peter from the north on 169, turn right on College Avenue.
Continue straight on College Avenue until you reach the campus. Once you reach the Gustavus Adolphus College sign, turn right up the hill (past the tennis courts on your right) and Uhler Hall (red brick building) on your left.
Lund Center Back Entrance
Buses are encouraged to drop off teams and park in the back of Lund. To enter the back entrance of Lund Center, continue straight at the top of the hill. You will drive past North, Gibbs, and Sorensen Halls (three halls that are connected). Continue on this road until you get to a stop sign. Norelius Hall will be on your right (5-story residence hall) and the Gustie Track and Soccer field will be straight ahead. Turn right and continue driving on this road until you come to the second stop sign. The football stadium will be on your left and you will take a left. Then turn left again to enter the parking lot and drive behind Lund Center to the bus loading entrance.
Buses are encouraged to park in the back of Lund Center. Please do not park any buses with the back toward the building as diesel fumes will enter Lund.
Admission to Athletic Events
- $4.00/Visiting College Students with ID
- $2.00/Age 12-18
- Free under age 12 and over age 62
Arrangements for sports information needs should be directed to Sports Information Director Ethan Armstrong at (507) 933-7647.
We will be happy to assist you with taping or treatments if necessary. If an athletic trainer does not accompany the team, please inform us of this prior to the event and provide the necessary supplies.
Equipment available includes: ultrasound, e-stim, and other modalties with written verification from a certified athletic trainer, if not traveling with the team. These modalities are available in the athletic training room. Ice, water, and emergency supplies are available at each venue.
There will be a certified athletic trainer at all home contests. Additional arrangements should be directed to our Head Athletic Trainer, Troy Banse at (507) 933-6463.
Locker room facilities will be provided in the Lund Center. Please inform your team to bring their own towels and locks.
St. Peter Restaurants
|City Grill Restaurant||Lone Star BBQ|
|814 N. Minnesota Avenue||408 S. 3rd St.|
|Dairy Queen Brazier||Subway Sandwiches & Salads|
|850 N. Minnesota Avenue||1306 S. Minnesota Avenue|
|Domino's Pizza (Delivery/Pick-up)||Whiskey River Emporium|
|103 S. Minnesota Avenue||East Hwy. 99|
|Godfathers Pizza (Dine-In/Delivery)||Great Wall Restaurant|
|225 S. Minnesota Avenue||108 S. Minnesota Avenue|
|Arby's Restaurant||Kentucky Fried Chicken|
|1221 S. Minnesota Avenue||1505 Old Minnesota Ave.|
|Erbert & Gerberts Subs & Clubs||McDonalds|
|224 S. Minnesota Avenue||120 W. Julien Street|
|El Agave||Taco Johns|
|402 S. Third Street||103 N. Minnesota Avenue|
|Patrick's On Third||China Town|
|125 S. 3rd Street||302 S. Minnesota Avenue|
|AmericInn Motel (St. Peter)||Country Inn & Suites (Mankato)|
|700 N. Minnesota Avenue||Highway 22 & Highway 14|
|Viking, Jr. Motel (St. Peter)||Best Western (North Mankato)|
|Highways 169 & 99W||Highway 169 North, 1111 Range|
|St. Peter Motel (St. Peter)||Days Inn (Mankato)|
|Union St. & Old Minnesota Ave.||1285 Range Street|
|AmericInn Hotel & Conference Center (Mankato)||EconoLodge (Mankato)|
|240 Stadium Road||111 West Lind Street|
|Comfort Inn (Mankato)||Fairfield Inn (Mankato)|
|131 Apache Place||141 Apache Place|
|Holiday Inn (Mankato)||Super 8 Motel (Mankato)|
|101 E. Main Street||Highway 169 & Highway 14|
|(507) 345-1234||(507) 387-4041|
|Microtel Inn & Suites (Mankato)||The Courtyard by Marriott Hotel & Event Center|
|200 St. Andrews Dr.||901 Raintree Road|
||(507) 388-1234, 800-321-2211