Alumni Mentor Program
Student Athlete Services (SAS) has partnered with the Economics and Management Department and Center for Servant Leadership to offer the Gustavus Mentoring Program for senior student-athletes. The mentor program is designed to forge a relationship with current and former Gustie student-athletes to create a foundation for the mentee's future career and offer an energizing and meaningful experience for the mentor.
Alumni Mentor Program Educational Objectives for Student Athlete Mentees
- Improve leadership and communication skills
- Gain a sense of direction regarding their future, personal, and career development after Gustavus
- Receive access to unique networking opportunities
- Develop a meaningful relationship with a successful Gustavus athletic alumni
Alumni Mentor Program Educational Objectives for Alumni Mentors
- Meet and develop a relationship with future job seekers
- Share professional knowledge and information
- Reconnect with Alma Mater
- Mentors and Mentees will contact each other either face-to-face, online, or on the phone once per month
- Mentors will give advice and guide mentees on topics such as, resume building, interviewing, networking, and integrating the athletic experience into the mentees' future plans
- Annual Fall and Spring Banquets are held for all mentors and mentees
If you would like to be a future mentor or have questions about the program, please contact Kari Eckheart at email@example.com.