Friends of Linnaeus Arboretum Events
The Fall Warmer is held in November for existing Friends of Linnaeus Arboretum members and new members. These events focus on an environmental topic and keep us enthusiastic about plants as winter approaches. The Warmer is a wonderful opportunity for current Friends of Linnaeus Arboretum members to gather and greet new Friends.
- November 2010 - Go4theSummit: Mt. Elbrus - Christian Gilbert '98
- November 2009 - Our Changing World from Three Perspectives - Mark Edlund
- February 2009 - Journey Down the Minnesota River - John Cross and Tim Krohn
- November 2008 - Minnesota Nature Notes - Jim Gilbert
- February 2008 - Lions...Elephants... and 15 Students: an African Safari in Tanzania - Cindy Johnson-Groh
- February 2007 - The Last Ice Age in Minnesota: Stories from the Dirt and Lakes, and Perspectives on Global Climates of the Past and Present - Ben Laabs
- November 2006 - Will the Gustie Wind Ever Turn into Electricity at Gustavus? - Chuck Niederriter
- November 2005 - San Francisco: The City and its Regions - Robert Moline
- February 2005 - Femented Camel Yogurt and Dung-smoked Grayling: A (Micro) Botanical Foray Across the Mongolian Steppe - Mark Edlund
Valentine's Day Dinner and Dance
Join us for dinner and enjoy live music on Valentine's Day. Saint Peter's own big band "The Echos" brings back the music of Glenn Miller and Tommy Dorsey. Come with friends or bring a "dear heart" for a special evening. Wine and beer will be available for purchase. Win a prize!
The next Valentine's Day Celebration has been scheduled for Monday, February 14, 2011, 6:30p.m. in Alumni Hall.
- Tickets for Valentine's Day Celebration will be available online via credit card at www.gustavustickets.com.
- Tickets are $28.00 each for non-Friends of Linnaeus Arboretum members. Members get a 10% discount and pay $25.20 per ticket. Tickets are non-refundable.
- Seating is general admission. Please arrive early for best seat selection.
- If you do not have access to the Internet, tickets are available by calling 507-933-7520.
Register early! Registration ends on Wednesday, February 9, 2011.
Summer in the Garden
Stroll the grounds of the arboretum and enjoy nature's offerings..pause and listen to live music...taste the variety of foods...hike the trails with the naturalist...and other activites. Join us!