Class of 2008
Meet Your Class Agents
- Donny Bechtle: Hi, my name is Donny Bechtle, and I am a senior, secondary education, social studies teaching major here at good ol’ Gustavus. I’m from the small town of Montevideo, located in rural west central Minnesota. Currently at Gustavus I’m employed as a tour guide for the Admission department, the co-president of the Epsilon Pi Alpha Fraternity, a Gustie Greeter, a Career Center host, and now have the awesome responsibility of being one of five agents for the class of 2008. Our responsibility is to plan future class reunions, write newsletters for our class, and articles for college literature. More importantly, our job is to keep the class of 2008 informed and connected after we graduate. I am looking forward to staying connected to all of you!
- Erin Larson: Hey, seniors! I'm Erin Larson from the lovely suburb of Richfield, Minnesota. During my four years at Gustavus, I've been involved with Gustie Greeters, the Theta Xi Gamma sorority, Psi Chi, Sigma Tau Delta, Study Buddies, and Gustie Buddies. Next year, I'll be living in Mankato and earning my master's in Professional School Counseling from MSU. I'm nervous about leaving life on the hill and my eleven wonderful roommates at the Zoo...but for now, my plan is to enjoy every second that we have left before graduation!
- Adam Eckhardt: Hi, my name is Adam Eckhardt and I am one of your fellow class agents. I am a double major in communication studies and management and am actively involved in the Gustavus Choir here on campus. Music was a big part of my Gustavus experience but that’s not the whole story. I was also involved in Gustie Greeters, Gustavus Ambassadors, Epsilon Pi Alpha, and work occasionally at the Student Activities Office. I really enjoy staying busy and don’t plan on changing that any time soon. I am very excited about senior week and cannot wait for our class to join the ranks of alumni. This is an exciting time and I cannot wait to hear what you all will be doing in the future.
- Katelyn Nelson: Hello Seniors! My name is Katelyn Nelson and I will be one of your class agents. I am a communication studies major from Shorewood, MN and have enjoyed every minute I have been at Gustavus for the past four years. I cannot believe how fast it has gone. Here on campus I have spent my time on the Campus Activities Board as an executive and co-president, an active member of Tri Sigma Sorority, and a volunteer in the Career Center. I am looking forward to staying in touch with all of you throughout the years and keeping us all connected to this place we all love so much! Enjoy your last few weeks here at Gustavus!
- John Michaletz: My name is John Michaletz. I am an accounting major from Edina, MN. During my time at Gustavus, I have cheered as a Gustie Greeter,volunteered as a Gustavus Ambassador,served with the brothers of Epsilon Pi Alpha fraternity, debated on the Student Senate, and sung with the Chapel and Gustavus Choirs. After Gustavus, I will be working as a tax associate at RSM McGladrey, a tax consulting firm in Minneapolis. I am very excited to beserving as one of your 2008 Class Agents, and staying connected with all of you! I look forward to helping build strong relationships with the college as we become new members of the wider Gustavus community
Chapel Accessibility Project
Senior Class Gift 2008
The Senior Class Gift is something that has a rich history at Gustavus. This is a time honored tradition that is more about the act of giving than the actual amount of giving. We as a class would love to see 100% participation in the class of 2008 Senior Class Gift.
Our gift will be going towards the Chapel Accessibility Project and we are teaming up with the Class of 1958 on this project during their 50th Anniversary since graduation. They will match the first $1,000 that our class gives! The chapel is the only building on campus that is not fully handicap accessible and this project will add an addition on to the chapel to make room for bathrooms on the ground level, which it is currently lacking.
The Senior Class Gift Committee designated the Chapel Accessibility Project as the area of support for our class this year. You may direct your gift anywhere at Gustavus or leave it undesignated and it will count in our class participation for the Senior Class Gift. We encourage everyone to make a gift of any amount by May 31st, after all, we've received so much more than an education at Gustavus. Tuition has a price, our last four years have been priceless!
Enclosed are a Gift Donation form and a return envelope for you to share your gift today. Or you can make your gift when you register for the senior week activities online!
For more information, email email@example.com
Gusties Looking Back
Senior Week 2008
This year, the Senior Week Committee is asking seniors to share some of their best memories from Gustavus. We hope you will submit photos, journals, poems, quotes, scrapbook pages, lyrics, paintings or drawings to be on display in the Campus Center during Senior Week and Commencement. It will be a great way to remember our last four years!
Look for a drop-off box at the SAO Information Desk, all submissions must be turned in by May 16.
Contact Maggie Overman (moverman) for more information.
Hey Seniors! Remember that Senior Week 2008, an entire week devoted to celebrating just how sweet we are, is Tuesday, May 27—Sunday, June 1.
REGISTRATION FOR SENIOR WEEK IS MAY 5—MAY 9!
Register online at www.gustavus.edu/sao or at the Information Desk.
Schedule of Events:
- Tuesday, May 27: Fiesta Dinner and Johnny Holm Concert
- Wednesday, May 28: Spa Day and Boat Cruise
- Thursday, May 29: Valleyfair and President’s Banquet
- Friday, May 30: Bongerball Tournament and Minnesota Twins vs. New York Yankees Game
- Saturday, May 31: Commencement Rehearsal
- Sunday, June 1: Commencement
Contact Ben Smith (bsmith) or Lisa Johnson (ljohnso4) for more information.
Mark your calendars! On Sunday, September 28, we will be hosting our first class get-together as part of the nation-wide Gusties Gather. Gusties Gather is a semi-annual event that brings regional groups of alumni together to socialize and reminisce. So no matter where you end up, there will be a group to join! The 2008 Agents will host our own Gusties Gather event this fall in the Twin Cities, so look for more information to come. We hope to see you all there!