Class of '76Make your Travel Plans!
Sept. 21-22, 2001!25 Year Reunion -Coming up in September!
Believe it or not, it’s been 25 years since we left Gustavus. Fortunately, none of us has aged a bit! Get out your calendar now (or Franklin planner, as the case may be) and write down these dates: Sept. 21-22, 2001. The Friday evening gathering of the reunion will be held at the DoubleTree Inn (near the Twin Cities Airport and Mall of America!)
Events will be held on campus all day Saturday, Sept. 22. This includes the football game! You will be quite amazed with all the changes on campus in recent years. We hope you can attend!
Many of you may know that Bruce Olson is a class agent for ‘76. Just added to the list is Ginny Kirkegaard Leppart who will be working as a class agent also.
We would love to hear from you and welcome your suggestions for a successful reunion. If you could call friends to make sure they’re informed, or if you have ideas/comments about what you’d like to see happen at the reunion, please e-mail us!
- Kathy Kilgust Welch is a research tech at Weyerhaeuser Co. in Washington state.
- Diane Moen Jungbluth is working as a parish nurse at Trinity Lutheran Church in Owatonna.
- Cindy Ulstrom Bulwicz recently moved back to the Twin Cities from Oak Harbor, WA. She spends most of her time riding and showing her three hunter/jumper horses. Her husband, Steve, is learning to ride, and is a pilot for Northwest Airlines.
- Teresa Schramm Browne lives in Roseville, MN. She ispursuing her AA in computer support network specialty from Globe College.
- Connie Benert Rudelius lives in McLean, VA.
- Craig and Mary (Kachel) Miller are in the process of moving to Dallas, TX where Craig is CFO of Morningstar Foods, Inc.
- Steven Williams is a senior business analyst consultant for United Health Care in Edina, MN
- Dennis Rollins of Chanhassen, MN, works for Mellon Financial Corp.
- Lori K. Nelson of Kearney, NE took her first trip to Sweden last summer!
- Nathan P. Anderson is a pastor at All Saints Lutheran in Fox Lake, IL.
- Martin C. Johnson is controller for Mayan Networks Corp. in San Jose, CA.
- Scott Lynch is a marketing services manager for Gardner Denver in Peachtree City, GA.
- Gary Hansen works for Trans-Continental Records in Orlando, FL.
- Jeanne Thorpe Montgomery works as a health clerk inCalifornia.
- Minh Q. Le is president of Wilfred Jarvis Institute in California.
- Dana Halberg lives in Atlanta.
- Steve Gartland is a pastor at Calvary Lutheran Church in Golden Valley, MN
- Brad Langmo lives in Boca Raton, FL and keeps busy with his kids, ages 9 and 4.
- Jim Krave recently moved to Menomonie, WI and has a private law practice.
- Tom Doyscher just received a master’s degree in education from St. Mary’s University.
- Holly Watkins Johnson has a new job at Fairview University and is working on her Master’s.
- Dave Adney is a new principal at Robbinsdale Cooper High School.
- Rod Olson lives in Gonzales, LA, and has a daughter attending Luther College.
- Mary Wilson Bagne is a senior teller at Border State Bank in Baudette, MN.
- Lynn Strand is a high school phy. ed. teacher in Saint Paul.
Please help Gustavus this year by giving to the Gustavus Fund. Your contribution is very important! Thank you!!!!!
- Ginny Kirkegaard Leppart teaches 3rd grade in Eden Prairie. She has two kids, ages 14 and 12. Look for her and a few other Gustie friends in the February Quarterly!
- Leslie Horton Nordberg was featured in the Fall 2000 Quarterly, along with her sister, Nancy Horton Larson ’78. They job-share a teaching position and live next door to each other!
Start rummaging through your closets for old Gustie photos, Gribleys and yearbooks. They’d be fun to look at in Sept!
- Greg Swanson lives in Brentwood, TN and is a vice-president with BAI Clinical Software.
- Allan Holmsten lives in St. Paul and works for Wilbrecht Electronics.
- Jean Woods Briggs lives in Lino Lakes, MN and works for Forest Lake School District.
- Chris Colson Hertel lives in Hawthorn Woods, IL.
- Peggy Bright Christensen lives in Richmond, MN.
Remember: Call your friends about the reunion and contact us with ideas/news! We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
Ginny & Bruce
P.S. Ginny would love to talk with you. Her phone # is: 952-941-4787.
The Gustavus campus is enjoying another busy and exciting January Term with 2300-plus students enrolled for credit! We are offering over 100 January Term courses, including 16 travel courses (plus 36 international courses through our UMAIE consortium). There are also 15 courses on the special Environmental Studies theme for J-Term 2001. Some of these courses include, Chemistry in the Environment, The Literature of Winter, Geographical Issues in the Third World, Global Environmental Change, Amazonia: An Eco-Historical Perspective, GIS in Environmental Analysis, The Changing Face of Agriculture, and Environmental Journalism. Next year (2002) the January Term theme will be "Global Village" and will feature both international and domestic diversity focused courses. After that J-Term themes are planned for "Service-Learning" (2003) and "Undergraduate Research" (2004).
You are invited and encouraged to attend these upcoming national chapter alumni events. Invitations are sent to alumni in chapters. For more information, please call the Alumni Office at 800-487-8437 or look on the web at gustavus.edu.
- Seattle Chapter, Gustavus Choir Concert, January 13
- Portland Chapter, Gustavus Choir Concert, January 15
- Bay Area Chapter, Gustavus Choir Concerts, January 17-19
- San Diego Chapter, pre-concert dinner and Gustavus Choir Concert, January 21
- Los Angeles Chapter, Gustavus Choir Concerts, January 22 & 24
- Sun City Chapter, pre-concert dinner and Gustavus Choir Concert, January 25
- Phoenix Chapter, pre-concert dinner and Gustavus Choir Concert, January 26
- Tucson Chapter gathering on January 27
- Albuquerque Chapter, Gustavus Choir Concert, January 28
- Santa Fe Chapter, Gustavus Choir Concert, January 29
- Denver Chapter, Gustavus Choir Concerts, January 30 & 31
- Rapid City Chapter, Gustavus Choir Concert, February 1
- Sioux Falls Chapter, Gustavus Choir Concert, February 2
- Twin Cities Chapter, Gustavus Choir Concert, February 4, Shepherd of the Valley Lutheran Church, 12650 Johnny Cake Road, Apple Valley, 3:30 p.m.
- Gustavus Band Home Concert, February 4, Christ Chapel, 7:30 p.m.
- Gustavus Choir Home Concert, February 10, Christ Chapel, 7:30 p.m.
- Marco Island gathering February 24
- Vero Beach gathering February 25
50th Anniversary Class and 50 Year Club reunions will take place on campus, May 25-26 for the Class of 1951 and the 50 Year Club. Registration material will be mailed in April.
A reminder that all other reunion classes (1956, 1961, 1966, 1971, 1976, 1981, 1986, 1991 and 1996) will have their reunions at Homecoming onSeptember 21-22. Class gatherings will take place in the Twin Cities at the DoubleTree Hotel, Minneapolis Airport at the Mall, on Friday, September 21. Homecoming activities will take place on campus on Saturday, September 22.
Will you help Gustavus remain strongly church related? Encourage your ELCA congregation to join the Gustavus Adolphus College Association of Congregations. There is no cost. For more information, call the Office of Church Relations at 800-726-6194 or e-mail Craig Johnson at email@example.com.